Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Traveling down South… Adventures in Florida

Saturday morning did not go as expected as poor Matthew had to deal with passing kidney stones.  I hate watching him suffer but appreciated the love and support that his father gave to both of us.  Not many people understand what it is like to watch someone you love struggling with chronic pain issues and how much of a toll that health issues can take but God is so good to me and provides me with the support that I need through friends and family.  God shows Himself faithful to us on a daily basis.

In the afternoon we decided to head out and help get Matthew’s mind off the pain.  We went to the Olustee Battlefield which is where we tried to go on our previous vacation only to find out they had a re-enactment going on at the time.  It was a cool place to visit and read about so much history.  

Hiding behind me at the battlefield 

Doug and I at the battlefield... 

Matthew and his father.. 

Inside the museum... 

Around the grounds... 

Memorial of the Olustee Battlefield... 


On the way home we stopped at a China buffet for dinner where I had my fill of seafood.  We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and visiting at the house.  Overall it was a great day after the chaos of the morning was over.  

No comments: