When we first made plans to travel down to Florida I had no clue
that we were going to be there to celebrate Doug’s birthday… in fact I didn’t
know until we were already there but it was definitely icing on the cake… pun
intended.
On Monday Matthew and I spent the morning relaxing, doing laundry
and packing while Doug was at work. That
evening we took him and Lora out to dinner at the Golden Corral to celebrate
his birthday. We then went home for
dessert which was his favorite… carrot cake.
I am so glad we were able to be there to celebrate his special
day. He has been such a blessing in our
lives and God has been so good in restoring his relationship with Matthew. It gives me hope that one day our
relationship with Shane will be restored as well.
Life is so short and we never know how many years we will have
to spend building a relationship with Doug and Lora… but we are so glad to have
the opportunity. Hopefully soon he will
be able to come visit us up in Washington and experience a part of our lives
here.
Matthew and Doug at the Golden Corral...
Happy birthday Doug...
No comments:
Post a Comment