Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Traveling down South… All the way to New Orleans..!

Matthew and I continued our drive going through Alabama and Mississippi rather quickly as I had toured both those states on previous trips and wanted to have extra time in Louisiana.  Of course, driving into Alabama made me want to watch the movie “Sweet Home Alabama”.  

Driving through Sweet Home Alabama... 

Matthew with his Starbucks... 

Driving through Mississippi..!


Multiple people recommended that we take the bridge into New Orleans and it was quite the experience… one that I never need to have again. It is the longest continuous bridge over water… lasting almost 24 miles.  It was quite wavy and thankfully didn’t cause me to have extreme motion sickness like it could have.  It was neat to go across at the beginning of the sunset though as the view was spectacular.  

Beautiful view near sunset... 

Crossing the bridge... 

It kept going and going and going..!



Our original plan was to stay the night in New Orleans but that was quickly changed when we arrived at the hotel I had reserved online.   One of the lessons I learned from this experience is to be very careful about checking the reviews of a hotel before booking… unfortunately I don’t have any pictures to share, though I took some on my phone I accidentally deleted all my phone pictures from the last couple years (complete bummer I know).  Anyways, the “hotel” that I booked was also one that could be rented by the hour.  Matthew wouldn’t even let me get out of the car the neighborhood was that sketchy.  Matthew went in to try to get them to reimburse our money and then spent the next two hours on the phone… thankfully we finally got all the money returned.

Instead of staying in New Orleans we took a quick car tour of the city.  We drove through the French Quarters and down Bourbon Street.  There were definitely a lot of interesting people walking around.  It started raining so we decided to continue on our drive and saw the rest of the beautiful sunset.  

French Quarters of New Orleans... 

Bourbon Street New Orleans... 

Reminds me of footage from Mardi Gras

Interesting sights throughout the town... 

Lots of lights even for Walgreens... 

Rain with the sunset... 

Enjoying the beauty of the sunset... 

Enjoyed this more than New Orleans... 


We ended up driving all the way to LaPlace, Louisiana which is where I had booked a swamp tour for the next day.  We found a beautiful hotel that we splurged on and went out to dinner for some seafood… well I ate seafood at least.  I had a platter with a variety including soft shell crab… which was really good.  I wish that some of it wasn’t fried as it was a bit too much for me.  Thankfully we were able to go back to the hotel and enjoy our time there without being rushed to get up in the morning.

Lots of seafood = one happy lady..!

Poor Matthew is allergic to seafood..!


No comments: