Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, August 31, 2015

Back to School… Back to work..!

Looking at all the back to school pictures is bittersweet.  I remember growing up having my picture taken on the first day of school every year.  I remember it being my dream to have children and take their picture on the first day of school.  I remember the years I had with Shane and taking his picture. 

It is hard to think that he is going to be a junior in high school this year.  It is hard to be so far away from him and not have the opportunity to be a part of his life.  But God knows the pain that we are experiencing… I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t think of him, pray for him, miss him and hope the best for him. 

Some people may think that we have turned our back on him and continued on with our lives without looking back but that couldn’t be any further from the truth.  Yes, we have moved on with our lives because in reality that is the only option that we have… okay we could live in the past… live in the pain… and hold onto the bitterness but that wouldn’t really be living.  Instead, we have to choose to get up every morning and continue living.  Does that make it any easier or mean that we miss him any less… not at all… but we understand this is the reality of our life right now.  I continue to pray that God will bring about healing and reconciliation one day but until that day I choose to look forward and enjoy what God has given for us today. 

I hope that one day Shane will be able to read these messages and know that he was loved dearly by us… my prayer is that he would come into the presence of God and find complete healing in him. 

I know we aren’t perfect… I spent months questioning what we could have done differently… but I can’t live in that any longer.  When I see these school pictures I choose to remember the good times we had as a family.  I choose to remember the goofy, fun loving kid that I get to call my son.  I choose to pray for a brighter future for him. 

I get to go back to work and influence the lives of other students… I may not be able to be there for Shane during these years but God has placed many other youth in my life that I can influence, love and point to Christ.  Does that make me any less Shane’s mother?  No… I just get to love and pray for him at a distance and allow God to do the work in his life that needs to be done.  And until the day that we are re-united… I am going to love the youth that God has placed in my path for today..!



Shane's first day of 9th grade... 





Shane's first day of 8th grade... 



No comments: