Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Traveling down South… Romance in Baton Rouge..!

Growing up I loved country music, still do in fact… but the first song that I liked was Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks. I was super excited that we were going to be going to Baton Rouge when we were in Louisiana.  I was more interested in going to Baton Rouge than I was New Orleans.  All I can say is that I was not disappointed.

This day was perfect all around… not only did I enjoy a relaxing morning, an adventurous swamp tour, a visit back into history at the Nottoway Plantation but a romantic evening as we celebrate the fact that we have been married for four years.  I have learned so much in the past four years, we have endured many trials, but I can’t imagine a day without Matthew. 


Excited to be heading to "Baton Rouge"... 

Ready to enter into the city... 


When we first got to Baton Rouge, Matthew took me to the waterfront so I could take a couple pictures while he figured out where we were going to stay the night.  We found a comfortable place that wasn’t too expensive in the middle of the city.  Of course, we were smart enough to ask for a recommendation of where to eat… after unpacking I got all dressed up for our night out on the town.   

Pictures with the USS Kidd... 


We started the night out eating dinner at The Chimes East.  Not only was the atmosphere fun the food was amazing.  Matthew ordered a bacon wrapped steak that was cooked to perfection.  I of course ordered seafood… Grilled Salmon Fillet covered in a crabmeat topping.  It was heavenly… the best seafood of the entire trip.  We decided to take the leftovers with us so I could have a snack later in the evening since I didn’t want to waste any of it.  

An evening with my love... 

Happy Anniversary Matthew..!

Matthew enjoying his food... 

Yummy seafood... 



We then raced back to the waterfront to take a stroll as the sunset.  It was absolutely beautiful… if I lived in that area I would go there on a regular basis.  As the sunset, Matthew and I were able to walk and talk.  It is crazy to think it has only been four years since we were married.  At times if feels like it was only yesterday and other times it seems like we have been together forever. I love the sunset so this was the perfect ending to the day…
  

Boardwalk at sunset... 

Old State Capitol in the background... 

River boat casino... 

Enjoying Matthew and the sunset... 


Eating leftovers in my pajamas... 

No comments: