Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Traveling down South… Visiting Georgia

On Sunday we decided to take a short drive up to St Marys, Geogia… a small town with a lot of history.  It is along the coast so our first stop was to sit at the waterfront and enjoy the beauty and each other’s company.  It was very peaceful as I love being around water.

Visiting St Marys Georgia

Enjoying the waterfront... 

Doug and Matthew being goofballs... 


Our next stop was to a corner market so Matthew could get some coffee… we also bought some delicious fudge… my favorite was snickers fudge… it is probably a good thing I don’t know where to buy it around here since it was so good.  




We then decided to go to a small museum that had a ton of culture about the city dating all the way back to the Indians.  We all enjoyed studying about the history so our next stop was the Submarine Museum.  I loved hearing all the knowledge they had about submarines and the navy in general.  While we were in the museum it poured outside so we had to puddle jump getting to and from the car.  

Studying the history of St Marys



Checking out the Submarine Museum as I looked through the periscope... 




It was a nice drive back to Jacksonville where we once again spent the evening relaxing and enjoying each other’s company.  

No comments: