Right before we headed on our trip to Yellowstone, Matthew finally got a
pump for his diabetes. We had our training
on how to use it and how to count carbs and then left for two weeks. I spent the entire trip figuring out his carbs
and keep tabs of what he ate for the nurse.
It was quite the learning curve, but it has been amazing to see what a
difference it has made on keeping his numbers in better control. The pump works
alongside his Dexcom, which reads his blood sugar numbers to give him the correct
amount of insulin. Once we got home, he had multiple appointments for the pump…
as well as tests for his gut pain. It
was determined that he has severe gastroparesis (which is super common for
those with CRPS and diabetes).
Unfortunately, the diets for diabetes and gastroparesis are opposite so
we are not quite sure what the future holds… hopefully they can figure
something out, so he is not in so much pain constantly.
I also had a dentist appointment… it was at this appointment that I
learned that my dentist was unwilling to follow the insurance companies EOB’s. I started researching the bills from the
previous 2 years and found out that I had overpaid over $1000. I talked to multiple people and found that
not only do they not follow the EOBs but they unbundle their procedures and charge
me for things that a typical dentist would not charge the patient. Needless to say, I contacted the insurance
company. They asked me to collect a
bunch of forms and submit it for an official investigation. We shall see what happens… Regardless of
whether or not I get reimbursed… I will be looking for a new dentist.
We did have some good things occur during this time period. We had a great visit with my Uncle Duffy and
Aunt Judy. They came into town for James and Maggie’s wedding. They ended up
staying at our place for over a week. I
spent most evenings playing games with them and my parents (usually outside
since Matthew likes the house to be super cold). It was fun visiting with them and learning
new games.
It was also a lot of fun to see David and Abby who were up for the
wedding. The family came over to
celebrate my Mom’s birthday (just a bit late) and I celebrated Abby’s baby
(since I missed her shower). I’m glad we
had this time together since they have been so busy seeing everyone during
their short time in town. It is crazy to
think that next time I see them they will have a baby.
I was even able to get in a party with my paras. We enjoyed hamburgers and celebrated Deb’s birthday (which she didn’t know we knew about). Everyone but Krystal was able to make it to the party. It was so much fun to see everyone and catch up on what everyone has been doing over the summer. Before we know it, we will be back at work.
Of course, my favorite part of summer continues to be doing my quiet times outdoors. I love the warm weather, the beauty of outdoors, and the extended quiet times. It refreshes me to have these times with the Lord and I am loving having the option to go out front or in the backyard depending on whether or not I want more shade.












No comments:
Post a Comment