Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Yellowstone Trip – A Long Day at Yellowstone National Park

We spent all day, Wednesday July 13th, at Yellowstone.  We did compromise and not leave as early as Matthew and I recommended but not as late as some of the others were hoping.  Last year, Matthew and I entered the park at sunrise, had amazing views as the sun rose, and stayed ahead of the crowd the entire day.  We knew that going with a group of 10, that this would be a different experience. 

In order to get as early a start as possible, I did get up at 4:00am to start breakfast (I know… those who know me don’t think it is possible since I would much rather stay up until 4:00 than wake up that early… in fact, I only slept about 2-3 hours that night).  We made breakfast burritos for breakfast… once the food was ready to serve at about 5:00am we woke the others.  We ate, packed food for lunch and headed to the park around 6:00am. 

Matthew and I were the only ones that had ever been to Yellowstone, so we lead the group to the most popular attractions starting with the lower loop.  I think I had just as much fun seeing the joy of the group as they experienced the sights, as I had experiencing it all over again.  At all the stops, everyone, kids included, would get out and take pictures and admire the beauty. 

While we didn’t stay ahead of the crowds, it also was not nearly as crowded as it typically gets.  It takes a lot longer for a group to get out and check everything out than it does for one or two people to take it all in.  I was very thankful that Matthew and I were able to catch a ride with German and Mariah though and that German helped Matthew with his wheelchair all day… it sure does help to not be the one lifting it up and down all day.  

Lots of Pictures from the day... 

So much natural beauty...

The kids loved taking pictures of it all... 

Rivers and Geysers Galore... 


Getting out to walk along the boardwalks.. 


I loved watching everyone enjoy it all...




Waiting for Old Faithful to blow... 


It did not fail us.. 
Of course, I forgot to get a selfie until it was done... 



I loved that we all hung out together... 




Sand family pictures at Yellowstone



Chris and Sarah posing for Lily... 




Feeding the fish some crazy bugs... 

Reduced Speed?  We were completed stopped...
Buffalo and medical emergencies = lots of traffic


Finally coming to where the buffalo roam... 




Matthew's chair got stuck next to that bad boy... ugh!


Mason and Lily wanted pictures with the Buffalo




Mason and Lio... Love these young men







It was a long day… and unfortunately, too long for some of the kids.  Chris and Sarah decided that they were not going to be able to do the upper loop, so we had to decide what the plan was.  After a lot of deliberation… we decided to split up.  Chris and Sarah headed back with their kids and the rest of us continued on to see the rest.  I knew that Matthew would need the days of rest we had planned so if we didn’t do it today, we wouldn’t be able to come back, and he knew that I was really excited to see the upper loop since it was closed last year and so it was the one part I had not seen yet. German and Mariah were game too. 


Made sure to get a Dellicker family picture before they left... 

Can't forget the girls selfie... 

Chris and Sarah made it back to the cabin around 6:30 (which still made a long day of over 12 hours).  The kids were able to relax, and Sarah was able to get a bit of homework completed while we finished the park.  They were also gracious enough to prepare dinner for the group that night. 

There were a lot less places that you needed to stop and walk around in the upper loop, but it was absolutely beautiful driving and around and seeing the views.  Some of my favorite parts include the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone area and Mammoth Hot Springs area.  Of course, we also spent most of the drive looking for animals and were blessed to see some along the route. Some other things were encountered along the way include a thunder and lightning storm (absolutely beautiful), a double rainbow, and the sunset.  After leaving the park we raced back to the cabin for dinner and made it there around 10:30.  We were all exhausted and so glad that the next day was going to be another lake day. 



Checking out the views... breathtaking... 




Lio reading the signs, so we didn't have to get out of the truck... 




Mazdzer Family Picture at a waterfall :) 




Mammoth Hot Springs Area:










It started raining again... but we continued exploring!


End of the trail... 


Mariah taking care of a work call... 


Beautiful double rainbow (picture doesn't do it justice)






Lots of cars were stopped so we had to check it out...
There were two black bears...!


Beautiful view of the moon back at the cabin...!

 

No comments: