Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, July 18, 2022

Yellowstone Trip – Finishing the Trip with a Bonus Stop at Twin Falls, Idaho

Saturday, July 16th was another rest day. We were all drained by this point and needed the time to rest. Unfortunately, Chris and Sarah’s family ended up getting sick and needed time to recover before the drive home.  Matthew was in a lot of pain and spent the entire day in bed, getting up just for dinner.  The rest of us were tired and spent most of the day relaxing and playing on the water. You can tell that I was in relax mode by the lack of pictures I took at the end of our trip.  

Drinking tereré (cold mate)...

Chill time for the crew... 

Extra cuddles for Mason...


Although the kids were on clean-up duty after meals, I opted to help them out today and did most of the dishes after dinner so they could get to bed earlier.  I also packed up as much as I could so that I wouldn’t have as much to do in the morning.

Sunday morning, we finished packing up and doing the last-minute things to clean up.  We then found a local place to eat breakfast before heading off in separate directions.  Chris and Sarah were heading straight home… to recover and so Chris could start back to work on Monday.  The rest of us were going to Twin Falls, Idaho to check out Shoshone Falls on the way home and stopping for one extra night.  

Our view at breakfast... 


Matthew and I went to Shoshone Falls last year on our trip and it was absolutely beautiful.  This time around there wasn’t nearly as much water but it was still very pretty.  We didn’t stay long though since it was over 100 degrees out and we were all tired.  Matthew and German wanted to drive as far as they could on the first day so that Monday would be an easier drive.  We ended up staying the night in Pendleton, Oregon.  We stopped earlier for dinner since everything closed early so when we got to the hotel we settled in and then visited in our hotel room for a while before crashing for the night. 

Shoshone Falls...

Twin Falls in the distance... 







The Guys... Best Buddies

On Monday morning, July 18th, Matthew and I got up early and had breakfast with German and the kids and then hit the road.  We had to make sure we got home in time for Matthew to make it to his doctor appointment. I let him relax when we got home for a few hours before his appointment while I unpacked the car.  What a whirlwind of a trip.  We had a great time, made some good memories… and I can’t wait for the next one.

No comments: