Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Fixing up the Yard… with the Help of others!

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, my parents have been helping me clean up the yard.  Matthew and I are renting their property and one of the things I am not good at is yard work.  The last few years with Covid and the lack of mission trips it has been a lot harder to find youth wanting to come do yard work so unfortunately, we got way behind, and it was in desperate need of help.  I helped them a little bit, hired someone to come do some gardening, but for the most part my parents have worked hours and hours helping me get the yard looking amazing.  I am so grateful for their help. They have transformed the garden areas and I love how it is looking.  They even surprised me with the work they did while we were on our trip to Yellowstone. 


Helping my parents clean up my yard... 
They did most of the work...!


Cutting back the trees...



My job was to power wash the patio...



Before and After Pictures in the Backyard
Rings of Weeds... 

New fire pit, blueberry bushes, tree... 

This area I paid someone to come out and weed... 
Still going to plant something here... but it looks much better. 

I didn't get before pictures, but my parents removed a tree and completely cleaned out this area.

Before and After Pictures in the Front Yard:
Front Garden (Outside my office window)

Garden that goes around the house... 

I paid someone to weed these two areas... 



My parents then came and finished the job... 
It looks absolutely amazing...!





We cleared a path to the firewood... 
Then they cleaned out the entire area and burned most of the branches...  

Center area out front... I started it and they finished it...


They did a lot of burning... then piled everything so we could burn it later after the ban was lifted. 

This is probably only half the yard waste... the rest went with my friend who came to word in the yard. 


A beautiful place out front to do my Bible study... or hang out with people... 
I absolutely LOVE it... Thank you so much Mom and Dad..!


Of course, with over an acre of property there is always more work to be done but they did a ton this summer.  There are a few more projects that I would like to complete.  I’m not sure if I will get to them this year but if not, then I will get started next spring.  The yard is a haven for me and my favorite place to have my quiet times… especially when I can have extended ones on my days off. I used to have them in the back yard but now I have a beautiful place in the front that is in the shade that I can go as well.  

Future Projects Still to Complete:
My dad was able to mow over some of the ivy, but we still need to clean up this area..!


I want the garden near the deck cleaned up... then maybe I will work on the deck!


Two center gardens in the back yard... 


The actual garden in the backyard... 
Maybe I will even plant something next year...!

No comments: