Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Argentina – Winning the Semifinals on the Day of Independence..!

The next couple days we stayed close to home and just spent time with Mirko, Natalia, Einat and anyone else who showed up at the house to visit of course.  On Tuesday we enjoyed watching Brazil lose to Germany 1-7.  I think Argentina celebrated more watching this game then they did watching Argentina win their own games.  The rivalry between Brazil and Argentina is pretty strong… to the point that Brazilians would dress up in the colors of any team Argentina played against just to root for the other team at the games.  


Einat as cute as ever... 



On Wednesday, not only did Argentina celebrate its independence day but we also celebrated winning the semifinals against the Netherlands.  We started the day off with an asado on the rooftop.  Some of Mirko and Natalia’s friends came over for the party.  After eating we separated into two groups... the men who stayed on the roof to watch the game and the women who went back down to the apartment.  I was more of a fanatic than the other women but I did enjoy the luxury of the couches in the apartment.  The other women visited and served me mate (herbal tea) during the game… of course whenever I started getting excited they would stop and watch the game.   Everyone did watch as we went into penalty kicks… and came out victorious..!  What a game… what a day..!  Nothing like watching Argentina in the world cup while I am in Argentina..!


With Einat on game day... 

Preparing the asado... yummy

View from the rooftop...  

I finally got to see Norma (Natalia's mother)

Einat with her grandmother... 

I captured a smile.... 

Watching the game... 

Nothing better than a baby, mate, and a soccer game..!


Celebrating the win with my nieces and nephews..!

Waking up to a precious little girl... 

Never cries... what a precious baby..!

No comments: