Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Argentina – Time with friends and a date night out..!

On Tuesday morning I got up early to meet up with Patricia and her son Jeremias.  Patricia was one of my English speaking friends.  Matthew and I were able to visit her at the hospital just days after Jeremias was born almost three years ago.  We were able to enjoy a couple hours together eating breakfast and running a couple errands she had to do in town. 

Breakfast with Patricia and Jeremias... 


What a cutie...



Afterwards, I walked the streets of Catamarca reminiscing about when I lived there.  I was able to go to some o f my favorite places and pass by my old house.  It was a great hour or so of me time before meeting up at Soledad’s house for lunch with her family, Carolina, Leandro and Matthew.  Soledad really wanted to host us for at least one meal.  After lunch Matthew and I decided we needed to take a nap before the evenings outing.  

Valentino posing in his pajamas... he loves them..!

I was pleasantly surprised to have Carolina join us for lunch... 

The boys enjoying lunch.. .

Soledad... a wonderful hostess... and great friend. 

Strawberry ice cream for Matthew

Enjoying time with Jose and Carolina... 


That evening we borrowed Mauricio’s motorcycle to go out on a date.  Unfortunately we did not get far before it ran out of gas.  Matthew ended up  pushing the motorcycle quite a ways until a stranger came up beside us and pushed us on the motorcycle using his foot all the way to the gas station.  We then continued our evening starting out with dinner at Julieta’s family restaurant.  They have the best chicken in all of Catamarca and I was so excited to finally be able to go there.  It was one of my must dos in Argentina.  Abel and Julieta were able to join us for the meal.

Chicken Milanesa... YUMMY..!

Our waitress... Julieta

Of course she was also our company



After dinner Matthew and I decide to ride up to the outlook point even though it was raining.  It was actually rather romantic driving up there and looking at the city lights.  We stayed up there and talked a short time before heading back to the house.  Of course by the time we got home we were dripping wet but it was a memory I will not soon forget.  

View of the city


Nothing more romantic than the city lights... 

Our transportation for the evening... fun times..!


No comments: