Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, July 21, 2014

Argentina – Catamarca and Ministry Experiences..!

Sunday, July 20th was the Day of the Friendship in Argentina… just another reason to celebrate.  I was so blessed by the church service.  It is amazing to watch the youth that I mentored leading the church.  Jorge, who was one of the guys I worked with a lot in regards to youth ministry, is now the official pastor of the church.  He may seem young, but he has a passion for God that shines through.  His message was one that I needed to hear. 

Jorge’s message was on healing our minds… the focus was on our need to forgive.  I am not going to lie… forgiveness is an area I am struggling with right now.  We have had a lot of hurt in our life recently… and it is easy to let bitterness to seep into my heart… sometimes it is a daily struggle to not allow the pain and anger to overwhelm me.  The tears flowed as I asked God to heal my heart and help me to forgive.  Although I know that God spoke into my heart that night… I also know that it is a path I am going to continue to have to walk down in obedience.  I choose to forgive over and over… as often as necessary until it no longer hurts.  I know that God is good and that He will bring about this healing not only in my life but in my entire family.  I was so encouraged by this message and the conversations that flowed in the following days in regards to the message.  I know this is one of the reasons that God allowed us to go to Argentina.  


Jorge and Mauricio leading worship... love these boys..!

Russo was surprised to see me in Argentina... 

Hanging out on the Dia de los Amigos..! 


On Monday I spent a lot of time with the girls.  In the afternoon Soledad hosted a Women’s study at her house.  I loved listening to her share from her heart about the importance of the church in your own personal growth.  She was able to get everyone involved in the conversation.  Afterwards, Carolina and I walked down to the grocery store so I could pick up some of my favorite foods to bring back to the states.  That night Sole and Maxi came over and we went to pick up Arabic food for dinner… as well as ice cream for Matthew.  

We bought Gustavo a gift for his new asado... 

It was all the essentials for a barbeque..!

Maxi and Valentino singing us a song... ADORABLE..! 

Eating some good Arabic food for dinner..!

No comments: