Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, June 7, 2014

June – A Time with Friends..!

Sarah and I couldn't decide what we wanted to do.  We made plans to get together but decided to wait until the last minute to determine where we were going to go.  It is amazing how quickly time passes us by.  I don’t remember the last time we got together… but I do know that it was before Matthew’s amputation.  That is way too long to go without seeing one of your best friends.  I realized that I have been so isolated from my close friends during this time and am looking forward to reconnecting with them.

We finally decided to go up to Alki beach and watch the sunset.  This is one of the activities we enjoyed most when we went to Hawaii together; sitting on the beach, listening to the waves and watching the sunset while we talked about life.  I don’t think I can explain how much I enjoyed this time with Sarah. 

After the sunset, we headed to one of her favorite restaurants for chips and salsa… and dulce de leche ice cream.  We spent another couple hours visiting there before finally heading home exhausted.  You know you are getting old when you can no longer stay up into the wee hours of the night… of course that could also be a result of having little kids at home… or waking up early for work..!

Getting together with Sarah... 

Enjoying the sunset... 

Listening to waves... 

Enjoying God's beauty..!

No comments: