Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, May 31, 2014

May – A Time of Refreshment for the Leaders..!

Pastor Ben decided that the youth leaders all needed to get away for a time of relaxing and being refreshed and I couldn't have agreed more.  Although it was a small group of us that went away for the night it was a great time of fellowship.  Of course we also were able to some business items as we discussed what our “strengths” are and how that can play a role in youth ministry.

One of the most exciting parts of this mini retreat was the realization that I had that I would soon be able to be a part of the ministry that I enjoy the most… mid-week Bible study.  Living so far away made it difficult to lead the high school bible study but now that we are going to live closer I can join the group and pass on my passion for studying the Bible to the girls…

Cami planned and prepared the food and it was beyond excellent… for that reason alone I think more leaders should come next year J  We had some free time during the afternoon in which we were able to explore the camp and determine if we would like to bring a group back here in the future… but more importantly we were able share what was going on in our lives and lift each other up in encouragement. 

Our only complaint about the retreat is that it was too short.  One night was not long enough to enjoy each other’s company, the camp, be able to plan and prepare for ministry, or just take a breather from real life.  Hopefully next year we can work something out so that we can go away for two nights… 

It's tradition for the van to break down... thankfully it was an easy fix..!

Abby ready for some smores... 

Mark joining in on the fun..!

Enjoying time away with Matthew..!

The campfire was a great idea..!

Asking fuego about his new girl was a high light of the trip..!

First smore of the season... 

Bacon... need I say more..?

Preparing breakfast burritos... 

Morning relaxation time.. .

Of course it included coffee... 

Funny online videos... a time to laugh..!

Salmon BLT's... to die for..!

Ben's "Post" to stop the fridge from making noises... 

Enjoying the lake.. 

Boys will be boys... 

Enjoying a walk around camp... 

What a peaceful place to be... 

Steak and veggies for dinner... yum..!

No comments: