Life is a roller coaster of ups and downs… joys and
challenges. We don’t always get to choose the changes that occur in our life
but we do get to determine what our attitude will be. I can honestly say that I haven’t always had
the best attitude. I haven’t been able
to keep my eyes on Christ… I haven’t been able to live in joy through all
trials… in fact; there have been many moments that I have broken down in tears
and frustration these last couple months.
As much as I would like to say that I am a stronger person and that I
will keep my head up I imagine there will be a few more nights of tears and
crying out to God in my future.
Some people may think that the decisions we have made in
life have come easy to us… or that they were rash decisions but I can honestly
say that is not the case. We have been
fighting some of these battles for months… even years. The attack of the enemy against us has been
strong. He has attacked us in many ways…
such as with Matthew’s work related injury and all the battles with L&I and
Social Security that have resulted in regards to that. He has attacked us personally as we fought
for our family… and although we may feel that we have lost that battle I don’t
believe the war is over. Satan will not
have the ultimate victory in our lives.
One thing I have learned from this experience is that
when life pulls out your heart and tramples on it… all you can do is let God
pick up the broken pieces and put you back together again. God can bring about healing and
restoration. He is a God of
miracles.
Lord, I give up our lives to you. I pray that you would build us up… that you
would bring about healing and restoration into our lives… that you would guide
and direct us in the future. I lift up
Matthew to you and pray for victory in his struggles. I pray that you would draw Shane into your
loving arms and build him up into a man of God.
I pray that you would encourage me and give me strength to keep moving
on one day at a time. Lord, mend the
broken pieces in our lives. Be
glorified..!

No comments:
Post a Comment