Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Argentina – A much needed vacation..!

This past year was one with many trials… and so when the opportunity came up for Matthew to come to Argentina with me we jumped on it.  He was planning on sending me alone for a vacation because of all the stress in life but it was definitely a God-thing that we were able to go together.  I know I for one needed this time away with him… time to think things through and regroup.  I am amazed how my friends and family in Argentina went from being my ministry to ministering to me on this latest trip. 

Of course travelling down there (and back for that matter) is the worst part of the whole trip.  It took us two full days of travelling to finally arrive in Catamarca.  Thankfully, I was able to watch most of the Argentina soccer game at the airport as we were waiting to board the plane… and it was even better when we won the game.  

Watching the game on my phone... 

Our first empanadas... during our 12 hour layover in Buenos Aires


We left on Saturday June 21st and arrived on Monday June 23rd.  That first day in town we didn’t do too much other than visit with the Llamas Rossi family (I lived with three of the girls from the family for a couple years so they always open up their house to me when I return.)  That evening we went to a bonfire where they burnt paper mache replicas in honor of San Juan.   

Gifts for Carolina's baby... 

Chocolate for Valentino.. he was in heaven

Valentino was our little buddy... 


On Tuesday we spent the day relaxing and then went out with Maxi, Soledad and Eugenia in the evening.  First we went to the Parque de Ninos (Children’s Park) to visit for a couples hours and then we headed out to dinner.  It was a great time of just visiting with friends.  The highlight of the day for Matthew is when he was able to drive a motorcycle for the first time in years.  It was the first of many times that he borrowed Mauricio’s moto… I love seeing him do things that he used to love to do now that he has a prosthetic.  

Visiting with Soledad and Eugenia... 

Maxi hanging out with Maxi

I love this man... 

Going off for a ride... he was in heaven..!

No comments: