This year as we
prepare for Serve we wanted to make prayer a priority… so we did a study on the
Prayer life of Jesus. Wow… you see the
progression of how he went from praying alone in front of the disciples… to
asking them to join him in praying… so that when He left them they were ready
to pray on their own. This is the
discipleship method we should use in every area of the Christian life.
As I mentioned in a
previous post, one of the women’s activities at church was to watch the movie “The
War Room”. My desire was to start my own
war room at home to begin praying for others more consistently… and while I
have not created a “room” I have been taking the time to consciously pray for
others… but I still feel lacking in this area.
Studying about Prayer in the Life of Jesus...
I love meeting with
the youth… I learn so much from them. I
am also encouraged and challenged by them.
One of the girls going on Serve decided to make her own War Room at home…
and started praying for some of her friends from school. God is doing so crazy things in how He is
answering her prayers. It is definitely
a challenge to me to get down on my knees and pray more often so I too can see
the power of God in my own life through prayer.
We decided to not
just talk about Prayer at our Serve meeting but to put it into practice. We walked around the church in groups of four
and prayed for all of the staff members, members, programs, and visitors that
would come through the door. May prayer
be a priority in all of our lives… not just as we prepare for this trip… not
just when we are on this trip… but all throughout our lifetime.
Praying over our church...
Times in which Jesus prayed...
When are you taking the time to Pray..?
No comments:
Post a Comment