Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, April 8, 2016

Spring Break Trip – Celebrating my Birthday…

Matthew and I always do something fun to celebrate my birthday.  Last year we went to Ainsworth Hot Springs in Canada…  This year we decided to go check out a couple waterfalls a couple hours from Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.  We started our trip to Shaddow Falls and Fern Falls after visiting with my friend Amanda. 

Of course along the way we got to enjoy the view of Lake Coeur d’Alene which is absolutely gorgeous… Matthew even made a couple stops so I could take pictures.  Before going completely off the grid we stopped for lunch at a unique restaurant called The Snake Pit.  I enjoyed a delicious hamburger and fries as well as the atmosphere.  

Love the view of the Lake from the freeway... 

Lunch with my crazy husband... 

The Snake Pit... as we left a group of 30 bikers arrived... 


We continued on our drive and found the turn off to the waterfalls which was a forest road made of dirt going uphill most of the way… we were only about 3 miles from the waterfall when we decided that we would not make it.  Unfortunately we had the car and the road was pretty dangerous on its own… but the snow made it even worse.  We decided to play it safe and turn around.  I was slightly bummed but would rather be safe than sorry.  

We did see a few small waterfalls along the way... 


We didn’t let the change in plans ruin our day though… instead we decided to find a quiet spot along a river to sit and enjoy time alone.  As we were sitting at a picnic table enjoying the view, the sound of the water, and our conversation we had a couple people stop by.  One of the couples was a sweet old lady and her husband.  When they got to the water we overheard him say, “It’s a bit too cold to going skinny dipping you think?”  Matthew and I had a great laugh over that one.  He was so sweet and caring for his wife… it made me think of how I want things to be when Matthew and I are old together… being able to enjoy each other’s company and laugh together. 

After they left we started a new study for couples that I had brought along.  The first chapter was talking about remembering why you fell in love.  It was so fun to sit and visit and remember what it was about Matthew that I first fell in love with… his love for others, his serving heart, his generosity, and most important how much he prayed for me.  I still love him and am so glad we were able to take the disappointment of not going to the waterfalls and still enjoy the time together.  

Finding a beautiful river... 

Posing with my love... 


The couple we want to be like in the future... 

Perfect spot to talk about why we fell in love... 


On my actual birthday I was able to spend the first couple hours in my happy spot on the back deck.  We enjoyed a steak and twice baked potato dinner with my Aunt and Uncle and then my Aunt surprised me with Angel Food Cake with strawberries for dessert which is my absolute favorite.  


Birthday Dinner... 

My favorite dessert... 


We then loaded the car for the drive home.  It was quite the adventurous drive home as the car was overheating… we kept a close eyes on the thermostat and kept adding hot water and with lots of prayer made it home safely.  On a side note, thankfully we were able to fix my car quickly and cheaply.  I so needed this trip and time away after the previous month I had… God knew just what I needed to be refreshed… and thankfully Matthew was able to take his mind off things for awhile and enjoy himself too.  

Life is always an adventure... 

No comments: