Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Serve Preparation – April Team Meeting

We never seem to get everything on the schedule for our team meetings… the times seems to fly by as we enjoy each others’ company and train for Mexico.  For the meeting in April we decided to break up into family groups and talk about verses that God used to speak into our lives throughout the last couple weeks as well as any answers to prayers. 

I had so many verses I could have shares since I absolutely love reading the Bible… but I loved the honesty of my group sharing that they had not spent much time reading the Bible outside of Church and D-Groups on Wednesday.  My prayer for them is that they would have a desire to be in the Word… that it would come alive to them.  I know that in my D-Group on Wednesdays we have been having great conversations about various women of Jesus’ genealogy.  I just wish that they understood they can dig into the Bible on their own and that it would come alive to them.  I want them to have the same excitement at home that they do when we get together. 


Answered Prayer Requests... 


We also spent some time doing a Spiritual gift study.  I was not surprised about some of my Spiritual gifts… since I know what I have a passion for… Shepherding was my number one gift and I always knew that my passion was discipleship…. I then had a tie for wisdom and faith.  I was not surprised about the wisdom as I love studying the Word of God… I always have since I was a teenager.  Faith I can see is one that has grown throughout the years as I have learned to trust God in the midst of all the trials I have faced.  For years I would pray the verse, “I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief” and it seems that God is answering that prayer as He continues to help me grow in my faith. 


I also enjoyed getting to hear what some of the Spiritual Gifts were of my family group and seeing how God is going to use these gifts not only on this trip but as they grow in their faith and serve Him wherever they are in life.  I know that God is going to do great things through this trip and it is a blessing to be a part of it… and to see what He does in my own life.  


My Family group working on the Spiritual Gifts Test... 

Beth and Alex... always fun with them around... 

Tyler posing for a picture... 

Camdyn, Andy, and Garit.... 

Sarah, Papa J, and Abby

Queen, Tabitha, and Izzy

No comments: