This year instead of
having a Women’s Retreat they decided to have a conference at the church. While I enjoyed spending Friday evening and
Saturday with the women from the church I did miss getting away for the entire
weekend. One of the main reasons I
decided to go… besides the fact that I needed some girl time was that the “speaker”
was going to be Priscilla Shirer (The star of War Room and many devotional
books… for those who don’t know her).
On Friday evening,
it was a time of hanging out, visiting with the ladies, doing crafts, eating
snacks, playing games, and learning about service ministries that women can get
involved with. I spent most of my time
just visiting with my table mates… and was one of the last ones to leave the
church that evening…
Minute to Win It Games...
Ministry with the homeless ladies of Kent...
Blessing the Poor...
On Saturday we had a
full day of worship and messages from Priscilla… the messages were really
good. She talked about the treasures
that we already have as daughters of the King and how often we don’t take
advantage of those treasures… as well as the unexpected places that God takes
us to bless us, mold us, or bless others.
God has us where He has us for a purpose… don’t try to escape what He
has for you but seek what He has for you and how you can obey Him where you
are. It was a message that I needed to
hear and an encouraging time away with the women at church. He has blessed me with so much already… and I
seek Him and obey Him… He will bless me in even greater ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment