Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Spring Break Trip – Visiting Family and Friends…

I absolutely love the drive over to Spokane… even when I would make the drive on my own.  I have some favorite landmarks along the way that I just enjoy looking at.  I enjoy the peace and quiet, listening to music, and more recently being in the car with Matthew just talking.  It is a time to get away from all distractions and be at peace. 

Of course before going I got in touch with all of my cousins to make sure they would be able to get together at some point during the week… as well as my friend Amanda who lives in Idaho.  

Enjoying the drive to Spokane... 

My favorite view along the way... 


On Sunday evening my cousin Kelli invited us over to her place for dinner.  We had a great time visiting on her porch before dinner and then afterwards spent the evening playing Apples to Apples.  It was a great time to visit with her and Andy. Unfortunately we didn’t get to see her girls this time around nor did I get any pictures.

I was able to see my cousin Kari and her son Warren on Monday morning.  He is getting so big and is absolutely adorable.  He had a blast running around exploring the house… and then visiting his cousins for awhile before they had to leave. 

Posing with Warren... 


My cousin Kyla and her boys Nathaniel and Garrick were able to stop by on both Monday and Tuesday.  I loved catching up with Kyla… we used to spend hours talking together growing up since we were the closest in age.   Whenever we see each other we catch up as if no time has passed… though so much has happened in both of our lives throughout the years.

Of course we got to visit with my Uncle Duffy and Aunt Judy throughout the week since were staying at the their house… though I did spend most of the time relaxing on the back deck whenever I had chance.  

Garrick playing trains... 

Playing with Nathaniel... 

Garrick checking out Matthew's little arm... 

Grandpa and his boys... 


On Wednesday I was able to go visit my Grandma Finnestad.  I always make it a point to stop by and visit her at least one time whenever I am in the area.  We had a couple hours to visit talking about various relatives and memories from the past before she was worn out and ready for a nap. Once again I forget to take pictures... total bummer

On Thursday, I made it over to Idaho to visit with my friend Amanda… since her daughter was with her we decided to go to a park and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Mandie and I were able to talk about the fun that we had back when were in our 20’s… and catch up on the past year since we usually only see each once a year.  We only had a couple hours but it was still a lot of fun. 

Visiting with Amanda... 

No comments: