Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Snoqualmie Falls... Finally home!

On May 30th I finally made it out to Snoqualmie Falls for the first time since I got home. This is the place where I go to get away from it all and be with God. There is something about listening to the waterfall that brings me peace. All in all, it was a great time to not just get a workout but to spend time reflecting on life. I decided to park at the bottom so I wouldn't have to carry my Bible up and down the hill... but I then ended up walking up two times to make it a real workout. I was shocked that I was not only able to climb it in 10 minutes but did it with very minimal effort.

After the second hike down I spent some time sitting on the rocks reading my Bible. The passage that really spoke to me was Psalm 143... you read it if you want to see what my cry to God was that day. I love the Psalms as many times it reflects my own thoughts and prayers to God.
During this time I also wrote a poem to express what I've been thinking.

In My Father's Arms
By Kristin Finnestad
In my Father's arms I want to be
I stand with my arms raised up
Waiting for Him to reach down
So I can see His face close-up

I want to lay my head to rest
As I'm cradled in His arms
So I can feel his loving heart beat
As my fears He alones disarms

I want to know I'm safe
From the enemies brutal attack
Knowing I'll be protected
Fot it is God who has my back

I want to see what He sees
As I'm raised up so high
So that to my own selfish desires
I can finally desire

I want to hear as He does
The prayer of the hurting souls
To learn not to judge others
So they can feel a love that flows

I want to gaze up Him
As everything else fades away
And in these loving arms
I always want to stay

No comments: