Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Life and Changes...!

I am trying to get caught up on my blogging before I go on my big trip to the East Coast… which is on Tuesday so I only have a couple more days to go..! Yeah… I am actually on vacation NOW! When I got back from Argentina I pretty much jumped back into the business of life, especially since I started working within the first couple weeks. I think God had this tripped planned at the perfect timing because when I first got home I was not ready to take a break and relax after 2 ½ years on the mission field, nor was I emotionally stable enough to spend much time alone. So I am excited that I will have a week in Maine to not just visit with my long time friend Kristin, but also time to get into the Word and process everything. Then I get to spend two weeks travelling the northern states with my parents, which is my 30th birthday present and a trip we have been talking about doing for years. I will definitely have to post pictures of this trip and the beautiful scenery that we see along the way.

My job has been enjoyable in that I have been able to take the girls wherever I want which usually includes either going on walks out in nature, Thursday morning Bible study at church, or play dates with friends and family. Our most recent big outing was to Snoqualmie Falls… I decided to park at the bottom and see how far up the hill they were able to make it on their own. They did AMAZINGLY well and next time we go I’ll even leave the stroller in the car. They loved seeing the waterfall or “angel fall” as Amanda kept calling it. I enjoyed going to one of my favorite places and being paid to go there… and the girls had a blast.

The girls are just a little tired after hiking to the top..!

When I haven’t been working I have been busy catching up with people. Some I haven’t seen since last year when I snuck home for Christmas break… others I haven’t seen since before I went on my first trip to Argentina 6 years ago. It is amazing to think back over the changes in my life in these past six years. I can’t say that it was anything I ever would have planned, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. God has taught me so much and challenged me in ways I never expected. To be honest the transition “home” to the states is so much harder than the transition to Argentina. One would think it would be opposite since I grew up here and all my family is here, but God has given me a heart for the Argentines and their culture. I still don’t have any easy answers on what is next in my life. I know God could make things work either way but my main desire is to glorify Him wherever He has me. One of my highlights of being home is being able to get together with friends and family and see what God is doing in their lives as well. I have had the privilege of talking to many of the youth that I worked with at Faith Baptist for over 5 years and hear about their missions trips that they have taken or are in the process of taking. How exciting it is to see these girls have a passion for God and know that God has allowed me to be a part of their life and encourage them during their teen years. I’ve also been able to get together with many of my friends as their lives change drastically whether it is from getting married or having children. Many people question whether or not Facebook is a good site or a waste of time but for me it has helped me incredibly in this transitional time. God used it as a way for me to reconnect with so many friends from my past and keep in touch with those in Argentina… though Skype has been another lifesaver for keeping in touch too. (Too bad I didn’t figure out this skype thing until I returned HOME from the mission field…)



Spending time with friends I haven't seen in about 7 years...
my how they grow up... but they still love me...!

No comments: