So... we made some changes to our itenerary and decided to head down south...
We left Maine and entered into New Hampshire where the first official stop was to be. I wanted to experience at least one important thing in each state and I have to say New Hampshire did not let me down...
We drove up Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the Northeast and I believe it is the oldest man-made attraction in the area. Here I am at the top of the peak... though we had some complications getting up... about 2 miles into the trip the gas light came on. We started the drive up with 1/4 of a tank but because of the steep roads it not only uses more gas but possitions it funny... we decided to head down and fill up just to be safe. Once we finally figured out how to open the gas tank and fill up we started our journety up again... it was well worth the drive up as it was absolutely breath-taking up here... how could people deny God's existence???
Finally I got pictures of my parents... which I believe is not going to happen too often on the trip as they are camera shy..!
Here are the other mountains in teh Presidential Range... Mt Clay, Mt Adams, Mt Jeferson, and Mt Madison... it goes from left to right... we of course are on Mt Washington..!
This is the Tip Top House.. the oldest structure on the mountain.. most of the other buildings were destroyed years ago. I am amazed this one is still standing with all the wind they get up here...

We got to tour around up top for about an hour before they closed up and we had to head back down... here I am on the way back to the parking lot. I was tempted to hike all the way DOWN the mountain as many others have done but decided not to since we didn't hae enough time.. haha!

We drove into Gorham for a quick view of the railroad station museum.. unfortunately it was closed so we took pictures outside. Did I mention they used to have a train that would climb up Mount Washington on a daily basis? Crazy..!


We then continued our trip and headed into Vermont where we stayed the night. After finding some Chinese food for dinner we headed back to the hotel where I spent some time in the Word and then crashed for the night..!
Before continuing on our drive Saturday morning we stopped by to take some pictures at the state capital which just so happens to be in Montepelier (in case you were interested.)

Early afternoon we entered in Quebec Canada which just so happens to be where my mother's Father is from. She enjoyed coming to a place she never thought she would ever come...





We got to tour around up top for about an hour before they closed up and we had to head back down... here I am on the way back to the parking lot. I was tempted to hike all the way DOWN the mountain as many others have done but decided not to since we didn't hae enough time.. haha!
We drove into Gorham for a quick view of the railroad station museum.. unfortunately it was closed so we took pictures outside. Did I mention they used to have a train that would climb up Mount Washington on a daily basis? Crazy..!
We then continued our trip and headed into Vermont where we stayed the night. After finding some Chinese food for dinner we headed back to the hotel where I spent some time in the Word and then crashed for the night..!
Early afternoon we entered in Quebec Canada which just so happens to be where my mother's Father is from. She enjoyed coming to a place she never thought she would ever come...
Montreal was a bit overwhelming with the amount of buildings and cars... but admist the chaos of the big city I did enjoy looking at some of the buildings from the old part of town..! The second piture down is the church where there were multiple weddings going on.
Before leaving Canada we had to drive into Ontario... then we headed into the northern part of New York and back into Ontario at Niagra Falls. Today is the day we get to tour Niagra Falls... so until then enjoy these pictures..!
1 comment:
That is so great that your dad is good about pulling over for pictures or taking detours to see sights! AND that they'll get in front of the camera every now and again :-) It is super neat that you're getting to spend all this quality time with them. You're creating memories with your parents that you will cherish FOREVER!
Post a Comment