Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Home Remodel...Part 6 – Entry & Hallway!

I don’t have the best “before” pictures of the hallway leading down to the bedrooms and linen closet… nor do I have pictures of how it looks when it is decorated since I don’t have the pictures on the wall yet. For some reason, I didn’t take pictures of the hall before removing the family photos.  I also didn’t take pictures of the closet before I removed everything… and believe me there was a LOT of stuff in the closet that was removed.  My mother donated a lot of stuff when she came back in December.  I am excited that it will not be so cluttered anymore. 

Closet mostly empty...

Walls feel so empty without the family photos... 

Removing the carpet... so excited!


Lots of verses on the floor in the hallway! 
Most going into the room... 
Proverbs 24:3-4 was for the hallway!


As far as the hallway goes… I love how the new flooring looks going down the hall.  It has such a clean look and will be so much easier to keep clean.  Especially since vacuuming is my absolute least favorite chore in the entire world.  The new lights that my dad put in make it look even nicer. 


Loving the progress... 



Turned out perfect... 

Such a clean look... and easier to clean!


I also didn’t take a picture of the coat closet before it was emptied.  I think I was in the mode of packing and just took all the coats and put them into suitcases without thinking about needing the before picture.  I can say it was packed to the brim.  When my parents came home, they did go through their coats as did we, and we were all able to narrow it down to a lot less coats to make it more manageable. 

Closet was packed to the brim... 

Storing the decorations but still looking good!

I was able to get pictures of the entry way throughout the process. Some changes that took place in the entry way were the removal of the wallpaper and wood railing on the wall.  He had to texture the wall and paint it and for a newbie, he did an excellent job. His specialty was flooring so taking on the painting aspect was a huge blessing to us. 


The textured wallpaper had to go... 


German worked hard in this area to make it look good. 



It looks so good... 

German pulled up the tile in the entry way towards the beginning of the project, but he didn’t lay the new flooring right away.  Thankfully this gave me time to think about writing verses and the opportunity to write verses to bless people as they enter and leave the house.  Originally, I was only going to do the verses in this area, but I got inspired and wanted them in every area of the house.  


Time for the old tile to go... 
and the sconces...!





Lots of verses in the entryway to dedicate the house!




As the weather started getting nicer, German started doing some of the painting outside. He told us that he was giving us snow in July, so we didn’t have to be so hot.  Of course, he had to get creative on the few days that it rained. He would either come back inside to paint or just create a cover and continue painting outside.

Painting the doors!



Outdoor painting...


The entry way is also the only area of the house that we didn’t use laminate flooring.  Instead, we chose a tile that matched but could handle the heavy traffic coming inside.  When I came home to the tile setting, it looked like a bomb field… We had a walkway to get to the bedroom, so we didn’t walk on it.  German told them we needed to stay off it for a couple hours, but since I wasn’t home to hear that piece of information, we used the walkway all night until he came home the next day. I love how it turned out and flowed in with the laminate. 

Our bath to avoid the landmines... 

Tile turned out beautiful... 

My dad completed the work by installing the new sconces we bought to match the new chandeliers.  Of course, getting rid of all the plants and some of the furniture that was in this area will also help freshen up this area as well.  It looks so much better now. We even ended up getting a fancy new doorbell since Matthew wouldn’t be able to hear it from our new bedroom and that way we would know when someone came up to the house when we were not home.  


Installing the sconces... 


Front door was painted and put back on!


Entry way looks so fresh... 
Inside and out...!



Time for a smart doorbell... 

Finished and looking lived in... 
we even got a curtain to give Alyssa some privacy!

The rest of the hallway was very cluttered before the remodel.  One thing that I knew is that I was not going to have the banister full of all the books and miscellaneous items.  We also decided not to put all the furniture back in the hallway but to leave it open and have an easier walkway for people to get through.  

Very cluttered hallway...


Tearing up the carpet... 


Adding verses to the hall.. 




Love our new hallway... 
crazy how the flooring color looks so different... 
all depending on the lighting!

No comments: