Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Home Remodel...Part 5 – Spare Room!

The spare bedroom was the first room to have the floors installed and walls painted, but also one of the last rooms to be completely finished. In fact, once it was done, Matthew and I moved into it for the duration of the remodel since that is where our current bed was going to end up staying.

Since I knew that German was going to work on this room first, it was my focus at the beginning when I was cleaning up and packing things up.  The room was completely empty before German came to work on the house… ready for him to begin. 


Cleaning out the spare room... 



Satisfied with my progress... 


Choosing paint colors... 


Full on remodel... 



Since it was the first room to be completed, it was also the room that I showed everyone when they wanted to see the progress or what colors we were using. I fell in love with the remodel from the moment I came home and saw this room and what to expect throughout the rest of the house. 

It was shortly after writing the verse on the floor going into the spare room that Matthew and I had the conversation about Alyssa moving in with us.  Matthew asked me what the verse said, and when I read it to him, he knew what the answer was going to be.  God had his handwritten all over our decision. 



Love the color combination we chose!


All ready to move into... for the duration of the remodel process. 


Verse going into the spare room... Romans 12:13

Watching the twins... 


Our temporary room... in the midst of the chaos



Once the master bedroom was completely done, we were able to move out of the spare bedroom and get it set up for Alyssa to move in with the twins.  I’m excited for how God will bless them while they stay with us and everyone else we can bless with this spare room in the future. 


Dad helped mount the new TV


All ready to be a guest room... 


First guests all moved in... 

No comments: