Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Home Remodel...Part 3 – Master Bedroom!

This room was one of the first rooms to have the floors installed and walls painted, but one of the last rooms to be completely finished.

As I mentioned in the first post, my mother emptied all of their belongings from the master bedroom when they came home for the holidays.  This has been their room for the past 27 years. All that was left was the furniture.  I started using it as a location to do my quiet times because I needed to get away from the chaos and concentrate on the Lord.  It was the perfect spot until the remodel began… as it was one of the first rooms German tore up. 

The perfect "Quiet Time" spot... 

Room was empty except for furniture... 


I didn't get any before pictures... it was my Parent's Room after all. 


Starting the demo process... no going back!


Our neighbor loaned us his trailer to take things to the dump... 
it was such a blessing to have it!!!


Sneaking pictures of German working...
before I left for work in the morning..!




Loving the contrast of the colors... 


Emptying the closet... 


The master bedroom was one of the ones that was completed before I came up with the idea to write verses on the floors… so I wrote the verses on the floor entering into the room.  I wrote two different verses… one coming in from the hallway and the other coming in from the bathroom. Each one was specially chosen to bless Matthew and I. 


Blessing our bedroom...




Blessing our Marriage...
It's all about Love!


The master bedroom was used throughout the entire remodel.  At times, it was used to paint doors since the weather didn’t always cooperate to allow for him to paint outside.  Other times, it was used to store furniture from other rooms. We would empty it out and German would say it was ready to be set up… but I knew it was in our best interest to wait… and soon after, more items would be in the room so they could work on another section of the house.  


The wall of doors... 


German would often tell me the room was ready to use... 
Then he would use it again... lol 


Painting more doors... 



Storage room to work on other rooms... 



German surprised me again when he worked on the walk-in closet.  Not only was I getting an upgrade in the closet, but he made the shelves adjustable and added more shelving so that we could store everything conveniently. 

Working on the closet... and another surprise for me


Loving all the shelves... 





Back to storing more items.. 
all the dining room and living room items..!


After German completed the work in the dining room and the living room area, I finally decided that we were at a place where I could clean and organize our bedroom.  German and his crew had to take a couple weeks off, so I took that time to get the work done that I needed to do.  It was during this time that I organized the master bathroom, bedroom, and closet.  It was finally ready for us to look for a new bed and to have our tv mounted on the wall.  

Organizing the medical supplies...


Going through all the boxes... 
and putting things away!



Finally, the room is clean and organized!



Just missing the bed!


Also missing the TV... mounted above the bookshelf



Love the new spot for my massage chair... 


Hid items in the closet while I took pictures... 


But… It didn’t take long for German to mess it back up and move items from the office and “Coopers” room into our bedroom.  So, we left for our trip to Montana with the room a mess again… and plans to get our new bed as an anniversary present when we returned from Montana.


Back to being a storage room... 


We returned from Montana and the next day we went shopping for our couch and bed.  We knew what we wanted in a bed and had an idea how we wanted the couch, so it didn’t take long for us to choose what we wanted and start the purchasing process where Matthew talked them down. 

Cooper went furniture shopping with us... 


I then went on a rampage to get the room ready for the new bed before it was delivered. We were lucky enough to get a delivery date of August 6th, our anniversary. I had told Matthew it was going to be our anniversary present.  What better way to celebrate than to be able to spend our anniversary night in our new bedroom, in our very comfortable bed. Of course, I was exhausted after cleaning all day as was Matthew from running errands all day but at least we had a comfy bed to recover in.

Closet is somewhat organized... 


Still missing our bed... but clean again..!


The bed has finally arrived... 
and my Dad is installing the TV!

Setting up the bed... 


Finally, the room is complete... 



Making the bed... exhausted from all the work today!



The room turned out beautiful... 



Happy Anniversary!!! 

 


No comments: