Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, September 2, 2024

Home Remodel...Part 7 – Laundry Room, Pantry, & Utility Bathroom!

The next section of the house that German worked on was the laundry room which included the pantry and utility bathroom.  German gave us notice so that we could get all our laundry washed before we didn’t have access for a couple days. Of course, it was right in the middle of this part of the remodel that Matthew had his first blowout in quite some time.  All I can say is… I love the new floors and how easy it was to clean up… but it was just our luck we didn’t have a way to wash the sheets.  Karen was so kind to let me come to her house to wash them… and then deliver them to our house so she could see the progress on the house. 


Laundry room - Pre-remodel 


Cleaning up the laundry room... 


Tearing up the laundry room...
it was a lot of work


Finally, all the floor is pulled up!


Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the pantry before I boxed up all the food.  We ended up having the food in boxes for months while we waited for the pantry to be finished… and even after it was done, I put the boxes on the shelves because I was busy working on other areas of the house.  Organizing the pantry is one of my favorite jobs… I used to do it on a regular basis when I was younger… and still continue to do it.  When my parents first left on their travels, I would go through and get rid of expired foods… slowly getting up to the current year.  When I finally get around to organizing the food, I will be able to organize it how I want the food which I am super excited about. 


An empty pantry... 
Food was boxed up for weeks... 


Turned into a nice storage area!


Cleaning up the laundry room counter area... 



As we were working on this area, German asked me if I wanted to use leftover tile from the bathroom to upgrade the counter.  We also decided to raise it up to the height of the counters. 

Deciding on the counter... 

I was able to get the verses on the floor before they put the flooring down. Then we set the laundry room back up and had it ready to use. It was only a couple day process that we didn’t have access to the washer and dryer. I ended up putting the food back into the pantry in the boxes since I didn’t have time to unpack them at this time. I wanted to get other portions of the house ready for German to continue working.  



Verses going into the garage... 



Verse in the laundry room/pantry area




Verse going into the house... 
where I kick off my shoes!


It turned out beautiful... 

Love the new counter... 

Pantry doors all painted

Food back in... still boxed up!


My sister once again helped me decide on the decorations for the bathroom.  Unfortunately, we also didn’t get the vanity delivered in time, so German put the old one back in for the time being. I contacted Home Depot and the delivery company to find out what the delay was.  I wasn’t able to get any real answers, so I ended up getting a discount on the vanity. I was able to spend an afternoon putting together the cabinet so German wouldn’t have to do it. 

Measuring the counters to choose new vanities... 

Bathroom all torn up... 


Putting together the bathroom cabinet... 


Old vanity in a new bathroom!


The bathroom ended up getting finished while we were in Montana.  German installed the vanity, and Dad installed the cabinet and changed out the light and electrical outlet/switches.  


German installing the vanity...
Last pictures I received before I was cut off!


When I got home, I added the finishing touches to this area. In the bathroom… I added mason jars, a new garbage can that I had to build (that was a new one to me), a soap dispenser, etc.  I spent a full day unpacking the boxes and organizing the pantry how I wanted it set up.  I also organized the counter in the laundry room.  My Dad had added an electrical outlet, so I decided to use this area for some of the kitchen appliances we previously had on the kitchen counters.  I am hoping to declutter the counters some.  I’m not completely sure how I am going organize this area… I may still add a cabinet above the counter. 


The new utility bathroom...
it turned out beautiful...! 


Organizing the food pantry... 


Turned out just perfect!


Organizing the counter... 

To add a cabinet or not?
That is the question...!

No comments: