Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Argentina #9… Quinceañera…!

On Tuesday morning we left the kids at home and the adults went to Posados to do last minute shopping for the Quinceañera. We had to get the candy for the gift boxes, food, and Matthew wanted to fireworks too.  On the way home, we picked up Milanessa de Pollo for lunch.  


Mariah took a short detour to California!

After lunch, everyone headed to the beach to meet up with German’s family.  Matthew and I decided to stay back and rest.  We snuck out and picked up ice cream and then relaxed in bed watching Netflix.  It was nice to spend the afternoon with Matthew and I’m not much of a beach person, so it didn’t bother me to miss out on it. 

Since we stayed back at the house, we were the first to greet Ramiro and Celi when they arrived at the house.  The others got back just a few minutes later.  We spent the evening just relaxing and enjoying the evening together.  German picked up Pizza and Empanadas for dinner.  



The kids enjoying an evening swim in the pool... 


So happy to see Celi..!


Watching Soraya open her gift from them...!


Wednesday was the day of the Quinceañera.  I woke up early to help decorate but no one else was awake to decorate so I sat and drank mate for a couple hours until people started to arrive.  Since they had to wake up at 4:00am to pick up Pancho they didn’t wake up until late.  The cleaning lady arrived at 6:30 to clean the floors since I had asked her the day before that way we didn’t have to do it ourselves. 

When we got keys to the other house, I went in to check it out and plug in the fridge and freezer, so it was cold for the party.  We are lucky we decided to rent the house we did since it was only one story, and the layout was much better for us.  We were thankful to have the house for the night so guests that came from further away could stay the night and not have to travel home after the party. 


The other house only had two rooms.. both upstairs!
So glad we rented the house we did...!


When Ana and Diego arrived, we started decorating like crazy.  Ana and Mariah were in charge of telling people what to do since they knew what needed to be done.  German’s cousin’s wife and I put up the flowers and lights up in one of the areas were going to take pictures.  Soraya stayed inside with her grandma to put together the gift boxes with candy since the decorations were a surprise for her.  We had the youth blowing up the balloons.  It took a few hours to finish the decorations, but it turned out absolutely beautiful. 

Soraya and Nona preparing the gifts for the guests


We decorated the photo shoot area... 




Ana and Mariah were in charge of all the decorating... 
but everyone had to help out to get it done in time!



Oriana and Abril

Swimming break... 

Sneaking Soraya away for her gift!

Of course, since it was the day of a party, we lost power again for hours.  It is always more nerve wrecking to lose power when there is an event.  Thankfully, it didn’t stay out as long today as it did on Christmas.  German made raviolis for lunch for everyone that was at the house early.  Afterwards, I snuck away for a nap.  I knew that I wouldn’t make it all night if I didn’t get some rest.  Originally, I set my alarm for 4:00 since that is when the party was supposed to start, but then I remembered that it was Argentina, so I turned off my alarm and slept until I woke up.  

I woke up in time for the beginning of the party.  I spent the evening visiting with everyone, taking all the pictures (over 300), visiting with German’s relatives, catching up with Ramiro and Cele, and just enjoying the evening. 

The beginning of the party consisted of everyone enjoying the pool, drinking mate, eating pastries, visiting, playing soccer and volleyball.  


Enjoying the cold water sitting pool... 


Drink Station.... 

Party Gift Station

Cake Station... 

Sitting Area... 

Leo and his brothers Pablo and Pancho

Hanging out with family... 


In the evening, some of us got dressed up for the rest of the party.  Everyone took pictures with Soraya, Diego and Ana cooked the pizza and hamburgers over the grill for dinner, and we continued hanging out. Afterwards, we took more pictures with the cake then cut the cake before setting off the fireworks and having a shaving cream war.  


Soraya's 15th Birthday Party was one of the main reasons for our trip to Argentina... 
So, there are LOTS of pictures with friends and family!


Diego, Oriana & Tomas


Tia Marta & Pablo


Soraya and her family...!


Soroya and her brothers... 



Tia Mabis and Abril


Posing with Soraya

Soraya with Ramiro, Celi and Kids!


German's cousin and his family came from Buenos Aires for the party!!!

Tia Marta and Tio Ariel


German and Mariah


Celi & Soraya


They've gotten so big!


More pictures... just a different setting!

The whole family... 


With her parents..!



With her brothers.... 
Lio

Pancho


Pablo



Matthew made it out finally... still in lots of pain!





Celi and Ramiro


And the kids... 



Long lost cousin... and Aunt



Tia Mabis


The Nonos




Cousins... 

Ana and Tio Diego

German getting in the way of the pictures... 


German's Aunt Marta and Uncle... 




So much love between father and daughter!



Matthew hanging out with Ramiro... 


Time for cake... 




The candles would not blowout... hehe



The whole crew for a picture... 


Matthew was so excited to buy fireworks for her party!


The cake was delicious!


Time to attack... 






Everyone was covered (but a few of us)

El Nono got himself in the attack... 


Saying goodbye to Ramiro and Celi... so sad!


Mariah found the crown and banner finally...!

 Everyone started packing up to leave and cleaning up the party.  Soon after that I headed to bed so I’m not sure what happened after that. 

No comments: