Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, December 22, 2023

Argentina #7… Finally made it to Paraguay…!

On Friday morning we woke up early once again to head over to Paraguay.  We stopped at the gas station on the way out and picked up breakfast at the Panaderia (which we didn’t do the time before and were all starving all morning).  This time the train station was open, and we had no problem passing through customs and loading onto the train.  While they had a ramp up to the train for Matthew’s chair it did not go all the way into the train.  Thankfully Matthew can walk a little bit, so they didn’t have to carry him and the chair onto the train.  He also left the chair in the section for chairs and came back into the section where there was AC and airflow. 


Waiting for everyone to get ready to leave for Paraguay!

Mariah needed help waking up... 

It was a quick trip over to Paraguay which we were grateful for after seeing the lines the cars had to endure on both sides.  Unless you wanted to go further than the border, I am not sure why anyone would want to drive over and spend hours waiting in line to cross the border. We did have a short wait in line to pass through immigrations, but we were able to take some cool pictures with the train while we waited. 

Train ride over to Paraguay... my first time there!

Pictures with the train - Argentina Flag






More pictures with the Paraguay Flag on the train... 


Our first stop in Paraguay was to buy what we still needed for Soraya’s Quinceañera.  The decorations are cheaper in Paraguay and we still had a few things we needed. It didn’t take long to find everything we needed for the party and then start shopping for souvenirs.  I wasn’t really looking for anything big for myself but ended up finding a Terere Set from Paraguay that I fell in love with.  Of course, Matthew told me that I had to buy it and I was shocked to find out that it only cost $25. I can’t wait to bring it to work to drink my terere every day.  After we finished shopping, we headed back to the train station and crossed back over to Argentina.  I have finally been to all of the countries surrounding Argentina (Uruguay, Chile, Boliva, Brazil and Paraguay). 

Spent more time shopping than taking pictures in Paraguay... 

Mariah took a detour to Alaska ;)


Snuck a picture of their picture... hehe

Paraguay Flag.... 

The official welcome sign... found it as we left!


We found a restaurant for lunch once we were back in Argentina that was recommended by German’s brother Diego.  Matthew and I split an Asado for two and had a ton of leftover food.  Unfortunately, my back was starting to hurt so when we got home, I took some meds and went to bed.  I woke up from my nap to see Soraya all dressed up and ready for her photo shoot in the plaza but decided to stay home.  Matthew stayed with me while everyone else headed out for the evening. I took some more muscle relaxers, ate some snacks, finished off the Dulce de Leche ice cream and then went to bed around 9:30.  I didn’t hear when it started raining (all over the clothes outside) or when Mariah was sending me text messages.  I didn’t wake up when Matthew got up to eat Empanadas with everyone. In fact, I slept through the night and woke up feeling somewhat better. 

Enjoying lunch... 

My dinner... before I crashed for the night!

No comments: