Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Argentina #3… Rest and Family Time…!

Thursday was a day of rest for us after traveling since Sunday we needed to be able to sleep as long as we wanted and not have any plans.  Everyone slept in late and then woke up to enjoy some mate.  The kids decorated the Christmas tree and then enjoyed their time in the pool. Other than that, we didn’t do anything.  I was so tired I didn't take many pictures on this day... 


Decorating the Christmas tree... 


On Friday, I finally had enough energy to go in the pool myself.  German’s sister and niece came over and joined us for the afternoon.  Since the weather was going to be in the 100’s for the weekend we didn’t make any plans other than to stay at the house and enjoy the pool with family.  We did make a quick trip to the supermarket for snacks and food for a couple days. On Friday night they fried up some empanadas for dinner and we sat outside once it cooled down a little. 


Enjoying time in the pool... 



Our bedroom... nice and big!

Look at the weather forecast... felt like 115..! 
I was in heaven... everyone was dreading the extreme heat.

Making empanadas~!


Saturday was pretty much the same except more family members came over for the day.  German’s brother-in-law dropped off pastries for us in the morning and then came back later in the afternoon.  The pastries were delicious (for those of us who woke up early enough to get the good ones) with the mate.  In the afternoons, I would go inside and lay down for a bit (whether I slept or not) because it was so hot outside.  On Saturday evening, we went to the Plaza de Navidad (Christmas Plaza) and to see the Posadas coastline at nighttime.  We enjoyed some French Fries and the views.    It was great to get out and see the city for a bit. 

Pool time again..~!


Pollo (Chicken) for lunch... 



Cousins enjoying the pool together... 


Tio Diego had to interrupt their time... 



But they all love him... so it was ok!



Enjoying the evening as the moon came out!



Mate and the moon... 



Plaza de Navidad - Christmas Plaza


Lots of amazing decorations... 


welcoming in the New Year!



What a cool Plaza that is Christmas all year long... 


Touring the rest of Posadas at night... 


On Sunday, we had another pool day with the family.  German’s brother Diego arrived early to help him roast the lamb all day long.  We had an amazing asado for lunch and hung out all day long.  This was the last day of weather in the 100’s that felt like it was 115 or so.  I didn’t mind the heat as much as the direct sunlight.  I stayed out of the sun today since I was already burnt to a crisp.  Everyone else was suffering with the heat while I walked around in my jeans.  German and Matthew went and picked up Pizza and Empanadas for dinner.  


I always had mate in the morning with the Nonos and others... 



Cooking the lamb & Chorizo... 



Choripan for an appetizer... 

A little dessert... yummy!


Reading by the pool... in the shade of course!


I loved the sunset times... 


The frogs were huge (and some people were terrified of them)
The kids loved them... until they peed on them. 

Matthew came out in the evenings on the days he spent in bed recovering..!

Lio working on homework.... 

Soroya and Pablo could not access their homework online from out of the country...
Lio had paper homework, so he still had to do his... poor guy!

 

No comments: