Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Celebrating 50 Years… Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad...!

It is not often that you have the opportunity to celebrate a couple being married 50 years and so even though my parents’ anniversary was in March we still wanted to plan them a party while they were home this summer. We decided to wait until August after all the craziness died down with James getting married and Jeremy’s mission trip to Peru.

We planned a surprise party for their 25th anniversary and invited the pastor who married them to come back and renew their vows… it was a lot of fun but also a lot of work.  I had the role of getting our brand new house ready for the party in less than a month.  This time, we decided not to make it a surprise (otherwise my dad may have left town before we even had the party… hehe). 

My sister hosted the party at her house, but I went over on Friday to help her get ready.  We all chipped in to get the food ready for the party.  We decided to have a taco bar (after it was such a success at James and Maggie’s wedding). We originally tried to invite everyone through Facebook but after few people responded, I realized that Facebook invite was not what it used to be so I started reaching out to people individually.  Thankfully, I was able to contact people in time and we had quite the turnout for the party.  Jeremy was even able to fly in for the special occasion. 

My parents have left quite the example for me.  They not only have been married for 50 years but have been happily married.  They love each other and are having a blast during this stage of life as they live in their RV and travel the USA.  Their testimony is the fact that they have raised four wonderful children who all love each other and get along.  I didn’t understand how dysfunctional families were until I was an adult… because my family got along so well.  I love watching my nieces and nephews make commitments for the Lord and I know that a big part of it is because my parents raised us in the church.  My life was forever changed by the relationships from the various churches I went to growing up. 

Mom and Dad, I am thankful for your 50 years together and look forward to many more years… I love you guys!!!

Enjoy all the Pictures from the day!!!

Taco Bar... 

Undercover tables... with wedding colors

Dessert buffet


Pictures of people hanging out and visiting... 



My Mom wanted pictures with all the guests:



The Proud "Best Man"











Jeremy... they said we don't bite... 


Jimmy was tired of pictures... hehe


Posing with the Newlyweds.... what a sweet picture!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Beautiful tribute to your parents! Congrats to them!!!❤️