December was a busy month at work… not
only was I insanely busy writing IEPs and then finding out last minute that
some of the safety net IEPs needed to be changed (after they were approved) … I
also had multiple IEP meetings. On top
of that, I was busy collecting data from my students so that I could determine
their status on the new goals, creating new data sheets, teaching the paras how
to do the new goals during their 1:1 time slot, etc.
Needless to say, I was so ready for
Christmas break when it finally rolled around.
One thing I have been enjoying is leading the Bible study on Choosing
Forgiveness. This book has been very
convicting in my own life, so it has been rewarding to see how God is using it
to speak into the life of others.
My parents arrived before the break
officially started, so it was fun to be able to visit with them in the
evenings… it made it a little more interesting teaching with more people in the
in the house, but I managed to make it work.
Friday couldn’t come fast enough… even with school online you could
still tell the kids were anticipating the break… I think everyone was ready and
needing this time off.
Unfortunately, I started the break
with a couple day migraine… not how I wanted to spend my time off, but such is
life. The holidays are always a
difficult time for us as we miss Shane but this one seemed to hit us a little
harder. I know that my emotions were a
roller coaster… I can’t imagine what Matthew was going through.
On Christmas Eve Eve, Matthew got out of bed to go look at Christmas lights with me. I think the last time we went to look at them was the year Natalia and Mirko were in town (and the last Christmas we spent with Shane). For some reason, I really wanted to go look this year, so we sat in traffic and looked at the lights in Maple Valley. We then picked up Mod Pizza and had an evening together watching movies.








No comments:
Post a Comment