Just like most things we do… last
minute we decided to go camping with Chris and Sarah at their property. I just had one complication to work around… I
scheduled a meeting with one of my parents for 6:00 pm on Friday night. I had been trying to connect with them since
the beginning of school, so I didn’t want to reschedule the meeting. Matthew and I headed out early so we could
stop at the Walmart in Chehalis where we knew I would have reception so I could
to my meeting before heading out into no man’s land.
Chris and Sarah arrived just as I
concluded my meeting and we followed them out to their property. It worked out perfectly and I was looking
forward to unplugging for the weekend. Even better was that for the first time, we
didn’t have to worry about the food when we went camping… they brought it all
for us. It was heavenly.
After getting everything settled for
the night, we started a fire and Chris grilled us some hamburgers. Unfortunately, Sarah had to work on homework a
couple times throughout the weekend, but I took advantage of that time to do my
Bible study.
Their property was beautiful and peaceful. We even took a drive to explore other areas of
their land as they had acres and acres of property. I can’t wait until next time when we can go
to the riverside section. After the tour
we drove into town for ice cream at a local shop.
It started to rain on Saturday evening,
so after dinner we headed into the trailer and played Apples to Apples. The weekend away was just perfect and
reminded me how much I missed true fellowship with others. We decided we needed
to start getting together more regularly… now we just need to set it up and be consistent.









No comments:
Post a Comment