Christmas was a lot more low key this
year then it has been in years past. Though
it seems each year our family scales back even more… to keep it simple. After the Holidays last year, we decided to
split up where we celebrate. I host
Thanksgiving, Karen hosts Christmas, and Kim hosts the summer activity. This works out just perfect since I don’t
want to go through the hassle of putting up Christmas decorations and you don’t
have to decorate for Thanksgiving 😊 Karen still has kids in the house, so they still have all their decorations
up each year and Kim has a beautiful back yard for summer activities. This was the first year my Mom didn’t have any
decorations up in the house… I wasn’t sure how she would handle it, but I think
she enjoyed not having to get them out and put them away.
On Christmas Eve, Kim and Keb came
over for dinner… in fact they brought over the steak. Let me tell you it was delicious. They came over last year as well… so I think
this will be our new tradition (hint, hint Kim). Thankfully, my Dad didn’t end up with another
kidney stone like he did last year, so my parents were able to stay and enjoy
the meal. We enjoyed eating at the table
and visiting for the evening.
After they headed home, Matthew and I
exchanged gifts. He seems to do a lot
better in the evenings so we figured it was best to do it at night that way he
could rest the next day until we had to leave.
He of course spoiled me like usual. I went with him to pick out my sports clothes
because he wanted to make sure he got the right size. He was supposed to get me one more gift and
stocking stuffers but ended up getting me a beautiful cross bracelet and amazon
gift card. I filled his stocking with
some of his favorite items and got him an emergency power pack. He had been talking about wanting an air
compressor and we’ve been having difficulty with the batteries so I figured a
combo machine would be even better. After
opening gifts, I put on my new pajamas and we watched a movie together.
Christmas morning was very relaxing. I lounged in pajamas all morning and was able
to have my quiet time. I decided to start reading through the book of
Matthew. I timed it so that I would be
reading/studying the birth of Jesus today.
What a good reminder of why we even celebrate the Christmas season. Matthew spent the morning resting so after my
quiet time I visited with my parents.
We then headed over to Jimmy and Karen’s
for the day. We gathered as an immediate
family (of course the girlfriends showed up throughout the event). The cousins played games, we all visited,
watched football, ate lots of yummy food, took our typical pictures, ate
dessert, and finally opened presents. Before
heading home a few of us were even able to talk to David and Abby who were
celebrating the Holidays in Michigan with David’s family. All in all it was the perfect day.

























No comments:
Post a Comment