My break flew by way too quickly… I am
not going to be ready to go back to work after the weekend. I spent a lot of time visiting with my
parents before they had to head back to Texas to begin their travels again…
lots of time doing my quiet time… lots of time writing and catching up on my blog…
lots of time reflecting on 2020… lots of time visiting with Matthew. Even when I am not working, I can still up my
days.
The day after Christmas, Kim and Keb
came over to visit my parents once again (or pick-up Kim’s purse which she
forgot). Regardless, it was fun to see
them three days in a row. I could get
used to seeing my sister this often… All three of us were sporting our Husky clothes
so we had to take a picture. Kim also
helped my Mom set up her new electronics.
On Sunday, I watched football all day
with my parents… Matthew wasn’t feeling well (it’s been a hard week for him)…
so he kept falling asleep. Thankfully,
the Seahawks won their game and clinched the division going into the
playoffs.
On Monday, I had two separate gatherings. First, I got together with a couple of my
paras. We had breakfast at Yelena’s
again while a few others joined in on Teams so we could do our Bible study and
talk about what they did for the Holidays.
Not everyone could join us so I didn’t want to get too far ahead of the
group, so we only discussed about 6 pages in the book, but it was a great time
of fellowship.
Afterwards, I headed over to Naome’s
to hang out with my D-group girls. We
were able to get caught up on one another’s lives… there were some really good
things happening and some really tough things happening. I love how connected this group still is… and
now I know how to continue to pray for them more specifically.
On Tuesday, other than dropping off my
car to have the brakes replaced, I didn’t do much. It was a great day to relax at home and spend
more time with Matthew. I felt like I had
been neglecting him the last couple days, so I wanted him to make him a focus. We laid in bed watching shows all day.
On Wednesday, Matthew and I decided to
head up to Snoqualmie Pass since there was lots of snow. I had a few errands in the morning which
pushed the trip out a bit and then he had to go pick up Cooper. We left later than I wanted, and traffic was
a nightmare, but we finally made it. I
think it was the first time we took pictures at Alpental in the dark and it was
absolutely beautiful. It even started to
snow while we were there. On the drive
up we passed the news crew and I was curious if we would be in the video… so I
checked when we got home… although we didn’t make the video, our truck was the
front cover photo of Q13.com for the night… so that was fun.
It is hard to believe that it is time for my parents to go home and work to start back up. It was a good two weeks off… and much needed for my sanity. I know that things are going to be super busy with IEP meetings, writing a few more IEPs, starting classes back up, setting up more meetings with families, etc. The life of a teacher is crazy but I love my job.



















No comments:
Post a Comment