I think I can speak for Naome when I say that walking alongside
our D-Group girls did not stop when they graduated… we have had the privilege of
continuing to be a part of their lives as they continue on the journey of
life. This group of girls that we started
out with so many years ago when they were a quiet bunch of girls with not much
to say when “social” time was over and it was time to open the Bible during our
small group has grown so much. We have
watched them transform into young ladies right before our eyes.
While God has taken them on different paths… I am confident that
He who began a good work in them will be faithful to continue it… and that is
my prayer for each of them… even if they walk away from Him temporarily… I
always pray that they will come back to Him and His ways.
As I mentioned, our girls have taken different paths along the
way. We have had a couple that already
got married… so we had the privilege of celebrating with them as they committed
their lives to their spouse. We have had
some who moved away to school (and then come home because of Covid-19… but
thankfully most have been able to return to normal college life). We have had some be able to pursue their
passion of missions… and some are still on this road. We have had some that are working full time
not wanting to go into debt as they figure out what God has in store for their
future. Now we have a couple who are journeying
into the adventure of motherhood.
Camdyn was the first to get married and now have a baby. While it is harder to stay in touch with her
living in Australia… I am so glad for the internet where I can see glimpses of
her life. God is going to do great
things in the life of little Espen as her and Josiah raise him to know the
Lord. He is such a cutie and I look
forward to the day that I can meet him in person (if Australia ever opens up
their boarders again).
Abby is now on a journey of motherhood herself. As a D-group we were able to surround her
with love and support as she shared with us that she was expecting. We were able to celebrate with her at the
Gender reveal party where she found out she was having a precious baby boy, Bentley
Lucas. Now we anxiously wait for the
birth of this blessing from God. Abby has
a wonderful support system and I have no doubt she is going to raise Bentley to
know the Lord and walk in His ways.
Today was a special day as it was the first time, I was able to hold a baby in MONTHS. I don’t think I realized how much I have missed being able to hold babies and be around little children. Covid-19 has affected us in so many ways and this is just one way. It was so nice to stop by and see Blair and Axel. Of course, I didn’t get the best picture as he is such a busy little guy, but I did enjoy having him in my arms. I so look forward to holding Bentley in the future… and all the other babies God brings into my life.









No comments:
Post a Comment