Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Kim & Keb’s Wedding… AKA… Bonney Lake Protest...!

My sister was originally going to get married on an Alaska cruise… we had been planning this cruise for years (even before she decided to turn it into her wedding cruise) so we were super excited for this special occasion… unfortunately, when Covid-19 hit the cruise industry, all cruises were cancelled.  She decided that she was not going to let that change her plans… and instead started planning a backyard wedding. 

I’m sure it was a lot more work planning the backyard wedding… especially since they put in a lot of work making their backyard looking spectacular for the event.  They had a lot of people willing to help out… whether it be my Dad and the work he did in the backyard, Wendy and Heather and all the work they did with the food, let’s be real… Wendy had her hands in lots of aspects of the planning (food, clothing, decorations)… Keb’s friends came into town and helped with grunt work… Keb spent every day off from work and evening working in the yard… Kim spent hours cleaning and preparing decorations and food… I was able to prepare the slideshow and help with cleaning and organizing the week of the wedding. I don’t think I mentioned everyone who had a hand in helping prepare for the wedding but finally we came to the special event and we were all excited to be able to celebrate the couple.

Of course, on Friday we did the typical things as a bridal party… nails at the salon (for those who wanted to come), wedding rehearsal at their house, followed by a bonfire.  We were spoiled by Kim and Keb with some wonderful gifts. 

Elizabeth getting her nails done... 

Fancy nails for me... 

The Salon gave Kim flowers... 

My gift from Kim... 

Saturday was the perfect day… I went over early to help them finish setting up for the wedding and then get ready myself.  It was a lot of fun being a part of the wedding day preparations… everyone just had fun together.  Even with a few complications (such as a few of the guys not having their shirts and having to run and pick some up last minute) Kim remained calm and just enjoyed the day.  I loved seeing her so happy.  We joked about the bet on when Keb would start crying… I don’t think anyone expected it to be when he walked out to the altar.  The ceremony was HILARIOUS… but that is what you get when the pastor who marries you is also a stand-up comedian.  The weather was just perfect for the event… not too hot and yet no rain.  


I cleaned up the swing... someone else decorated it..!


Preparing for the wedding... 

Posing with Elizabeth, a Junior Bridesmaid

We also joked that the reception was going to be called a protest since the new regulations for weddings because of Covid-19 changed the day before.  We were protesting the fact that we couldn’t have a wedding reception.  Since Keb didn’t want to see Kim until the ceremony we did most of the photos during the reception… then Kim and Keb disappeared for awhile to take pictures with the photographer (who was from Alaska since they couldn’t get a full refund from the Alaska cruise photographer) before she had to fly home. 

Aunt Sandi and I... 

My Mom and I... 

My Dad looking cool... 

So happy Seth and his family could come from Texas... 

Uncle Steve talking with my brothers... 

Cousins having fun playing games... 

Josiah just hanging out waiting for Kim and Keb to return... 


When Kim and Keb returned the real party began.  The food was delicious… and there was a lot of it.  The best man was hysterical with his speech… I’m pretty sure Keb was second-guessing his choice a couple times during the speech though.  Of course, my speech was a sweet speech about how thankful I was to Keb for making my sister so happy.  He loves and serves her… which she so deserves.  After cutting the cake and watching the slide show we had our choice of desert… and it was a hard choice with all the yummy options.  The night ended with a bonfire as people stayed around visiting.  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.  


Mr & Mrs. Berry... so happy for them..!

Plate a fruit... good choice Israel

Desert Table... so many choices

A few of the decorations... 

Amanda hanging out with the cat... 

Cutting the cake... 

Guests watching on... 

They were kind to each other... 

Jello shots for the wedding party... 

Hanging out with Uncle Steve

Enjoying some Apple Cobbler... 

 

No comments: