Matthew and I enjoyed a date night in Vancouver on Thursday night. I think it was the first eating at a
restaurant since Covid-19 came and shut down the country. When we returned to the church, we enjoyed
some music as they had a parade for the Spanish Pastor’s birthday.
The next morning, Bev and Len met us at the church, and we headed south to the campground. We arrived early in the afternoon and got all set up. We had the perfect set up with our doors opening up towards one another so we could sit and visit throughout the day.

Our setup for the weekend...
This was the biggest family camp they have ever had… most likely because everyone was so antsy to get out and so something after being locked up in the house with Covid-19. Everyone did really well at keeping a distance from others and wearing masks during the gathering.
Unfortunately, we didn’t bring Matthew’s wheelchair, so he had to walk back and forth to the main gatherings but thankfully they only happened once a day. I went with Bev and Len to tour the house of the camp hosts (the parents of their Pastor). It was a beautiful house and very unique. I would love to have the view they have to do my Bible study every day, but I don’t think we could handle all the stairs in their house.
The messages were very encouraging… especially since it was the
first time we have heard “live” sermons since March. I loved the part when they brought the kids
up from and allowed them to talk… but I think my favorite time was the testimony
and baptism part of the weekend. Being
reminded about the work that God is able to do in our lives… whether it be a
marriage that is struggling or someone that doesn’t know the Lord. He is all-powerful and can change lives.

The last day of camp was hard on Matthew… on the drive home we
ended up stopping so he could take a nap and rest. I am so thankful for our trailer where we have
a place to rest and stop regardless where we are. After his nap, we got some dinner and
finished the drive home.










No comments:
Post a Comment