We returned from Montana just in time to get the trailer
repacked to head out camping with my parents and my sister’s family. We planned this trip months in advance since
my sister is always so busy but unfortunately that meant that Elizabeth was
only able to come out for one night because of dance and Keb could only come
out on the evening because of work.
The trip was the perfect ending to our summer… it gave us time
to spend with our parents before they head out on their travels and time to
hang out with my sister, who I don’t see often enough these days. Matthew still wasn’t feeling well so he ended
up spending most of the weekend in bed.
We went up early with my parents so the first evening was very relaxing. I had plenty of time to spend in the Word the
next day while we waited for Kim and her family to come up. It is hard to believe that this was the last
weekend with my parents until the Holidays (except for a short trip for my Mom
in October). I took advantage of this
weekend and spent as much time as I could with them.
Hanging out with my parents...
Bible Study and Mate
It is crazy how much the girls have grown up… this weekend
reminded me a lot of the time that I lived with them and watched them for years
during Elizabeth’s first few years of life… until I got married. This weekend also reminded me a lot about
Shane. It was the last “trip” that we
took with him before he moved out. We
went up to this part of Greenwater for the day with our friends the Bowman’s. He had so much fun playing around on the logs
just like Amanda did this weekend. Life
is hard at times… we don’t always have control over what occurs… but I am so
thankful that I serve a loving God that walks with us along the way… through
the good times and the bad.
Matthew came out to see the dog...
Amanda tried to hide from the camera...
Elizabeth preparing for dance...
Amanda exploring the river...
Keb and Amanda...
Keb, Kim, Amanda, & Elizabeth...
Elizabeth loves her dog...
Dad was our professional roaster...
Elizabeth loved the biscuits...
We had so many variations to the biscuits...
Kim and I made breakfast biscuits too... Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment