Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Glacier National Park… Week 2 - Part 3 – Happy Anniversary!

The one thing that I wanted to do for our anniversary was to do one of the boat tours at Glacier National Park… of course I wanted to make sure that we had a spot on the boat so we made reservations online a couple days in advance.  We got to Lake McDonald an hour early to make sure we could get parking and checked in on time so we had time to enjoy the beauty of the lake for a while.

Happy Anniversary Love....


Lake McDonald - Boat Tour



Matthew and I were able to score seats up in the front of the boat so we had a beautiful view for the entire ride.  The tour lasted a little over an hour and they gave a short commentary of the history of the boat and park as we traveled along the lake. 

We enjoyed getting to know the family that was sitting up front with us but also the time together on the lake.  I took so many pictures that it was hard to narrow it down… everything was so pretty and it was the perfect afternoon. 

Matthew and I enjoying the ride... 


 Lots of shots from our boat tour... it was beautiful... 



Trees burnt by the fire last year... 


Matthew was happy for the clouds blocking the sun...









View our entire way back to the dock... 



Afterwards, we headed into town and found an Italian restaurant for dinner.  It was a quaint little restaurant with high reviews… and we quickly found out why.  The food was absolutely delicious and the price was very affordable for the size.  We both ordered chicken Parmesan with Alfredo fettuccine… just the thought of it makes my mouth water.  

Anniversary Dinner..!

Matthew wasn't happy I got the bigger piece of chicken...



We decided that we wanted Huckleberry Ice cream for desert so we raced to the little store to by another container before it closed.  The sunset was beautiful along the way but we didn’t stop since the store was supposed to close… and I was convinced we would make it on time… in fact, I told Matthew they would have customers still so they would have to be open… which is how it turned out.  Even those we arrived 10 minutes late, they were still open with a few last minute customers.  Thankfully, there were still two containers of Huckleberry Ice cream so I bought them both to take back to camp… one for tonight and the other for later on.  It was the perfect way to end the night… Huckleberry ice cream with a campfire.    

Anniversary Fire... so romantic...!

Huckleberry Ice cream... 


1 comment:

4musicfaith said...

Happy anniversary, Kristen and Matt! What a wonderful trip and memorable experiences to celebrate! : )
---Dave and Robbi Baskin