In between going into Glacier National Park and exploring we had
to take time to allow Matthew to rest. I
didn’t want him to over-due things so every other day we just stayed back at
our campsite. While Matthew would spend
most of the day in bed resting and recovering; I would rest in the Lord.
I took full advantage of these days of rest to have extra long
quiet times, time to update my blog, even time to write lesson plans for next
year. We would sit and enjoy a dinner
together and head to bed early. A couple
of the nights we even had a small campfire and smores.
Enjoying some quiet time...
A peaceful camping spot...
Matthew made dinner... Yum!
Our second adventure into Glacier National Park was on the East side. We drove around and entered into the Two
Medicine entrance. At the visitor center
I was told that this location was a lot less crowded which was very true but
the beauty was just as astounding. We
enjoyed the drive around and took pictures along the way.
Love the train in the background...
Flathead National Forest - Theodore Roosevelt Memorial
Tribal monuments along the way...
The plan for the day was to do a couple hikes that were
wheelchair accessible on the eastern side of the park. Unfortunately, after starting the first hike,
Matthew’s battery died and when we went to put on the new one that I had
charged the week before we found out that it was dead too… we ended up completing
this hike since we were almost to the waterfall anyways. It was absolutely stunning coming out between
the rocks. I ended up pushing his chair
most of the way back to the truck… thankfully it was hard surface so it wasn’t
too hard to push. We vetoed going to the
other trail-head since he didn’t have any battery left and it was a 3 hour
round-trip drive.
Matthew couldn't get any closer to the waterfall...
Crossing the river...
Two waterfall coming out of the rock... wow!
It was so beautiful... I love waterfalls...!
Instead of going to do the other hike, we went to Two Medicine
Lake and sat by the lake and visited for about an hour or so just enjoying the beauty
of the water and each other’s company. I
loved that this area wasn’t very crowded and we could sit and relax without
many people around. On the way back to
the campground we ended up seeing a black wolf just a few miles from where we
were staying. It was huge and
majestic. I wish I had my camera out and
could have captured it’s picture.
Matthew saw a couple grey wolves that didn’t cross in front of us but I
was so focused on the black wolf that I missed the grey ones.
Such a peaceful place to sit and visit...
Enjoying the lake with Matthew...
A couple pictures of the view from our drive home...
Thankfully, we got back to camp early and the next day was our
day of rest so we had plenty of time to charge the batteries in Matthew’s chair
and get it ready for our next adventure.
During this time we also found the joy of Huckleberry Ice cream which
they sold at one of the local stores… man was it good.
Enjoying the fire and smores...
My new devotional book from Jen... love it..!
Updating my blog...
Matthew making me some dinner...
Relaxing with a book...
Huckleberry ice cream and a movie...
1 comment:
Lovely memories and views! Happy anniversary, Matt and Kristin!
--Robbi and Dave :)
Post a Comment