Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Back to Ronan… Week 3

Matthew and were glad we escaped to Glacier National Park for the week but we also were looking forward to going back to Ronan for another week with friends in the area.  We quickly packed up and headed home in the morning… the drive home was uneventful though we did take a detour through town and were able to see some amazing old houses. 

Back in Ronan we once again had a mixture of spending time relaxing and spending time with friends.  One of the days that I was doing my Bible study, I was watching the deer in Brandy’s yard… and the mother and babies started playing… darting back and forth.  It was so peaceful to watch them go back and forth for over an hour.  


The deer I watched my time in Ronan... so much fun


On the 8th, we headed over to Levi and Jen’s house for dinner along with her brother’s family.  We then all headed over to the Bison Range where we climbed into the back of Levi’s truck and took a tour.  It wasn’t as comfortable as when we put the couch in the back but it was still a lot of fun and we were able to spot a lot of animals since the weather had cooled down and so they were out for the evening. 

They were the ones spotting the animals... 


The back of the truck crew... 



We found lots of bison... and other animals along the way. 



Isaiah was helping spot the animals outside... 



The following evening we were going to meet up with them at Dairy Queen for ice cream but they ended up kidnapping us, buying us blizzards, and taking us to the river.  It was a beautiful evening and an absolutely perfect way to spend the evening.  

They were excited for their ice cream... 

Beautiful view of sunset... 


Watching Levi fish off the bridge... 

Enjoying the view... 


Fishing spot for the boys... 



Saturday we spent most of the day relaxing back at Brandy’s house… unfortunately she was working all weekend so we didn’t get to see her much.  Matthew wasn’t feeling well so he stayed in bed and I spent time working on lesson plans and doing my quiet time.  In the evening, there was an amazing storm… they were thankful for rain but not the damage that the storm caused on their gardens. 

Matthew still wasn’t feeling well on Sunday so I went to the church for the cooking group without him.  We spent the evening making various types of homemade bread.  The recipe was pretty much the same with slight variations.  We ended up making cinnamon rolls, rolls, and fried bread.  There was a larger group than last week as well a few younger girls that joined us for the evening.  I think what made the evening so special was watching Jen sharing her heart with these ladies and encouraging them in the Lord as she used her gift of cooking/baking.  Overall it was a great evening of fellowship and I ended up with a large plate of delicious bread.  

Time to bake... Hadassah and friends

Making cinnamon rolls

Preparing fried bread

We are the bakers... 

Double rainbow - beautiful view... 

Enjoying the fried bread

Great fellowship with these ladies... 


Yummy bread... 




Our time in Ronan was quickly coming to an end.  On Monday, they picked me up and we headed back to the river.  Jen, Hadassah, and I went rafting while Levi and the boys went fishing.  Matthew was still not feeling well so he stayed back to rest up for the trip home.  In the evening, I went with them to Levi’s softball game and then we stopped at Dairy Queen for blizzards one more time.  




Our rafting trip... some beautiful pictures along the way... 







Hadassah enjoying the water... 

Man I love these kiddos... 


Love this family... 


Levi playing softball... 


Watching his Dad play ball... 

Last minute treat... 

His goggles helped him to see bears.. :) 


It was finally time to head home… Of course, it was a hard night, so I let Matthew sleep in and I spent the morning visiting with Brandy and her mother.  I then packed up as much as I could inside the trailer and then woke Matthew so he could say goodbye to Levi and Jen who stopped by before heading camping as a family.  Matthew and I then packed put the trailer before visiting with Brandy another hour or so.   We got out a lot later than expected and the drive home ended up taking a lot longer than expected… it was quite the adventure… but we made it home safely and that is what is important.  It was an amazing trip and I am so glad that we had these three weeks together in Montana.  It was just what we needed this summer…!

No comments: