I started the weekend with the youth in Silverdale and ended it
with their mothers..! I didn’t get
enough sleep either night but loved every moment of the weekend.
On Friday night, we had a service project overnighter at our
friend Bev’s house. We had a huge
bonfire where we were able to enjoy smores and just talking together. They then went inside to play the arcade
games and watch A Princess Bride until late into the night.
Getting off the bus... ready for fun
Enjoying the bonfire...
Bev and Matthew
My first smore of the season...
Watching Princess Bride with Bev...
After less than five hours of sleep we got to wake up to
breakfast and devos… before starting on the many service projects around the
property. The youth worked hard and
there was very little complaining (at least around me). They were able to take a short break while
Chris took a tree down… since we didn’t want any chance of the youth getting
hurt they had to stay on the other side of the property. Once the tree was down they started working
hard again cleaning up the mess. The
only other break we took was for lunch and then they finished everything up,
packed up and headed home.
Working together...
Enjoying the fire once again...
Fuego conquered the tree..
I then headed five minutes down the street to the Women’s
Retreat. I was exhausted but I am so
glad I went. I missed half of the video
series but what I was there for was very encouraging… as well as a lot of
fun. What a crazy group of women I got
to hang out with for the night. We
learned how to say “Yes” to God… and watch as he changes the world through our
obedience.
Visiting at the Women's Retreat...
Getting ready for the evening session...
Started with a comedy act...
Worship and a message...
Posing with a view...
No comments:
Post a Comment