Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, May 3, 2015

YMI Training… Preparing the Mission Team..!

Those who know me know that I have a heart for both discipleship and missions.  What better way to combine these two passions than to help lead a mission trip for youth.  I love watching them grow and develop in their own faith to the point that they want to go share it with others.

Part of the preparation included training by Youth Missions International.  It included 25 hours of training and team building.  Every activity had a purpose… we wanted the youth to learn to work together as a team, learn how they respond to conflict when they are hot, tired, and uncomfortable.  As well as prepare them for challenges they may face on the mission field.

This weekend was exhausting but also a blast.  I am excited for this team of youth and the opportunity I have to serve them and be an example to them.  I am excited for what God is doing not only in their lives but mine as well.  I am excited to see God challenge me to step out of my comfort zone and lead by example. 

Please be in prayer that God will continue to unify this team of youth. Pray that He would be at work mightily in their lives.  Pray for wisdom in leading them and being an example to them. Pray for the church in Kingsburg, California that we will be working alongside.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to be at work in the lives of those we are coming to come across.  

Sharing the gospel message... 

Team building activities

Youth lead games... 

Conversation starters... 

Lots of training... 

Preparing their testimonies... 

Trust fall... "Do I trust my team?"

Team building challenges... 

Bonding as a group... 

Meal time training... 

Soccer camp preparation... 

Playing together as a team... 

Preparing for youth outreach... 

More team building challenges... 

I love how they are working together... 

Yes, I trust my team..!

No comments: