Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother’s Day…

I remember spending a lot of Mother’s Day last year in tears… the pain was overwhelming… the loss unbearable.  As I think about that time I am reminded of how many other women have suffered tremendous loss… how many others have bittersweet memories on holidays… such as Mother’s Day.  How many mothers have lost a child… how many children have lost a mother?  For some, today is a reminder of that loss.

The loss doesn't have to occur because of death… children who have walked away can leave just as big a hole in your heart.  I am reminded of the women who have faithfully prayed for their children… children they have not seen in years… children that they still love unconditionally… children they would love to come back as did the prodigal son.  Don’t give up on praying for your children… God can bring about redemption. 

Regardless of the circumstances I am still a mother.  I still love Shane unconditionally and want the best for him.  I still pray for him… that he would find comfort in the Lord… that someone will be able to reach into his life and mend his broken heart.  That he would know how deeply he is loved and missed.  I still have hope for him… no one is beyond the grace of God.  I know that God can lead Shane on a path of forgiveness and restoration.   

I love this pictures of Shane... 

Mother's Day 2013

My mother with Shane... 


The same goes the other way… the loss of a mother doesn't have to occur because of death.  It could be a mother that has abandoned you… a mother that has rejected you… a mother who has entered into dementia and no longer recognizes you.  Everyone’s circumstances are different and the pain of this loss is still the same regardless of the circumstances.

Today on Mother’s Day… I choose to pray for my son.  I also choose to pray for others who have lost a child or a mother.  May the grace of God be enough to get you through this day..! 

Today I also choose to thank God for my mother.  I have been blessed with a wonderful mother who has been there for me every day of my life.  She has been an example of God’s faithfulness to me.  I treasure each day that I have with her.  Thank you Lord for blessing me with my mother.  

Me and my mother... 

Posing with Grandma Straight... 

Posing with Grandma Finnestad

No comments: