Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, June 15, 2015

End of the School Year Chaos...

Life has been busy between my working two jobs, preparing for the mission trip with the youth and medical appointments for Matthew and I… in fact in just a month we had a combined total of 28 doctor appointments.  Yet, even amidst the chaos God has been speaking into my life in mighty ways. 

I still love my job.  I love my co-workers.  I love the students I work with.  But after lots of thought and prayer, Matthew and I decided that will not continue with my second job next school year. I did help out with the process of transitioning my student into the next stage of her education but I really want more time to focus on the ministry at the church.  As much as I love my job I am also looking forward to the summer off to relax and rejuvenate.  

The students in my class... love them all

Transitioning to the TOPS program... 

My official 1 on 1 student... 


Ministry with the youth is what has really kept me going lately.  I love spending time with the youth and watching them grow in their walk with the Lord. I love helping them prepare for the upcoming mission trip and the anticipation of seeing how God is going to work in their lives.  I love the small groups that come hang out at our house as well as the one on one time with the girls. I always wanted my house to be the place where my children and their friends want to hang out… so in a sense it is bittersweet having the youth over and realizing Shane is not around to experience it… but sometimes people make choices that we have no control over so I am going to praise God for the opportunity we still have to serve these youth and have a safe place for them to come hang out.  I am looking forward to deepening some of these relationships in the upcoming year and hopefully disciple some of the girls.  We enjoyed a great time of fellowship as we honored the very small senior class at our last night of Bible study for the school year. 

Youth hanging out at the house... 

Celebrating the Seniors... 

I love mentoring these girls... 


One of the recent changes we had at Faith was hiring a new family life Pastor, Weston Foucher, who will be overseeing the high school ministry. It has been a blast getting to know him better and working through some changes that are going to take place in youth ministry.  We also have a few interns from Australia that will be working at the church for a couple months.  

Weston's first Sunday teaching the High Schoolers... 

Josiah, Matt, and Sam... our Australian friends..!


In the midst of the craziness I was able to continue to work in the life of one of my “youth” from the past.  I had the opportunity to lead the devotional for May Marston’s bridal shower.  It is great to see God continue to be at work in her life and know that the impact we have on the youth can last a lifetime.  

Celebrating May's upcoming wedding


Of course, I also took the time to celebrate life with my family as James turned 13.  Crazy to think he is now a teenager.  It was a relaxing time sitting around visiting with friends and family for the day.  I look forward to many nights around the campfire with Jimmy and Karen this upcoming summer.  

James' 13th birthday party

Spending time with friends... 

No comments: