On Saturday morning I woke up sicker than I had been the whole
trip. I had been fighting a cold for over
a month and it finally nailed me big time.
I was not looking forward to the flight home… but none the less… we
packed up our belongings and headed to the airport. It was hard to say goodbye to Doug and Lora but
we knew that we would see them again.
Taking a picture of the flowers Doug bought for me... I already ate the chocolate..!
Lora waving goodbye from the house...
As we were waiting in line at the airport we started hearing a
rumor about a couple of the flights being cancelled. I quickly looked online and it said that our
flight was still on time… unfortunately that was not the case. We don’t know why we were never contacted
about the cancellation. The lady behind
the counter was tried very hard to get us on a flight home but there was
absolutely nothing going into Seattle until Wednesday… five days later. She said she could get us closer but since
the flight was cancelled due to “weather” they would not pay any hotel or food
expenses. We opted for the only option
we really had… call up Doug and head back to his house for another couple
days.
Although it was frustrating at first… and I didn't want to have
to use up my sick days… it was also a blessing to have these extra days in
Florida. Besides, I really was sick and
it forced me to take time off work and relax.
Most of the time Matthew and I rested.
Unfortunately his kidney stones were acting up so he was in a lot of
pain. We did get out for another
adventure to the beach and had some great conversations with Doug and Lora at
the house throughout the day.
Storm at the beach...
We only stayed for a short time...
A few things I love... the beach and Matthew
Matthew posing between the couple...
Doug, Matthew, Lora and Me
Sick in bed...
Good thing I had my kindle...
We finally made it home on Wednesday evening after a long day of
traveling. Matthew had a hard time at
the airport with his anxiety and I was sicker than a dog which made fun day of
traveling for the both of us. We were thankful for the fact that we made it out of Denver even though they had to de-ice the plane before we could take off.
Beautiful view from the airplane
Love the snow...
Flying home...
Of course, after taking three days off of work I had to go into
work the next morning. I didn't make it
through the whole day before my co-workers decided that I needed to go see the
doctor. I found out I had a sinus
infection and bronchitis which is why I had been so sick for so long. So, now I get to take 14 days of antibiotics.
No comments:
Post a Comment