Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, February 16, 2015

Touring Jacksonville…

Our tour around Jacksonville included a lot of time spent in the car and the beginning of our crazy trip.  Matthew’s father Doug decided to take us to the beach… unfortunately we quickly realized that was not going to happen as the road was closed.  I did a little research and found out there was a marathon going on.  

We decided to change directions and instead go west to a battleground site.  It wasn't until we were about a mile away that we found out it too was closed but due to a re-enactment that was going on.  I wish we would have known earlier because I would have loved to go to the re-enactment but it wasn't worth it for just ½ an hour. 

The one thing that did work out for us was that we were able to eat at Cracker Barrel.  I absolutely love the Cracker Barrel and the memories from eating there on vacations.  Although our plans didn't work it was enjoyable to spend the day with Doug. 

Stopping by for a home cooked meal.  

Stopping by a battlefield we could visit... though not quite the same.  


The next day we finally made it to the beach.  He took us to a quiet section of the beach that many people don’t know about.  There were only a handful of people there so it was peaceful to walk around and enjoy the beauty.  I love the beach… listening to the waves… but more than anything I loved watching Matthew interact with his father.  

Enjoying the beach

Doug, Matthew, and Me


Matthew bonding with his father... 

What a view... 

I am at my happy place..!

No comments: